Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

2014 SQ5 TFSI reviews

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2013, 08:12 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Waiting for my SQ5

There aren't any road test reviews anywhere. The closet thing I could find was the TDI version.

I test drove my friends 2013 Q5 a few weeks back and liked it alot. Then I test drove the SQ5 for about 2 hours. My dealership is great! I made the decision to buy it right afterwards.

Super excited to receive my SQ5 in the next couple of weeks
Old 09-24-2013, 05:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by bimmer26
There aren't any road test reviews anywhere. The closet thing I could find was the TDI version.

I test drove my friends 2013 Q5 a few weeks back and liked it alot. Then I test drove the SQ5 for about 2 hours. My dealership is great! I made the decision to buy it right afterwards.

Super excited to receive my SQ5 in the next couple of weeks
Congrats, you will love it.
Old 09-24-2013, 02:09 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I suppose some of us SQ owners can give our own reviews of the SQ5?

Mines still breaking in, at 400 miles but when I get to 4k RPM the pull is amazing. I think it's the handling characteristics that makes it most exciting.

Still have some more miles to go...
Old 09-24-2013, 03:45 PM
Club AutoUnion

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by JHGold
I suppose some of us SQ owners can give our own reviews of the SQ5?

Mines still breaking in, at 400 miles but when I get to 4k RPM the pull is amazing. I think it's the handling characteristics that makes it most exciting.

Still have some more miles to go...
I'm with you at ~400 miles, JHG. I agree with you about the pull and I like the lightning-quick snap of the gear shifts in S mode.

Steve
Old 09-25-2013, 09:13 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I fully agree with all the comments. I picked up my SQ5 a week ago and I am very impressed. I had a Q5 2.0T before with the Stasis ECU upgrade and while the upgrade made the car much faster and more responsive its no comparison to the SQ5. I got a prestige with driver assist package and 21inch wheels. I also have an 2012 S-line A4 Avant with the Stasis upgrade and sports seats.

A couple of observations - the steering was something to get used to, much more precise and responsive. I over steered around the first couple of corners. The adaptive cruise control is nice, it follows the car but according to the dealer does not do stop and go but I had no time to try it out yet. The suspension is fine, a bit more firm than on the old one, I love the seats and steering wheel, you sit so much better. Acceleration is very impressive and responsiveness as well, however you have to push the pedal, having a soft foot makes the car respond slowly when in D, in S its a different story but I am still breaking it in, so I am trying to take it easy - but this is the most impressive car I drove for a long time, including 911/Panamera, BMW, Mercedes etc. - the sound of the engine is also closer to a sports car than the whining 2.0T, Audi did a good job on it. The new navigation seems better but it takes a little longer for the music to start and the phone list to show up compared to the 2011/2012 model. I got 6 month free tmobile and 3 month of Sirius, although the Sirius sound even with the B&O is weak, more like a tin can, while FM and ipod, sd-card are great. Best car so far - can only recommend it.

Will be interesting to see gas milage, I had 23+ on the 2.0 mostly city driving, but I assume with a heavy left foot it will be down a bit. We will see after a couple of weeks.

If anyone finds a test report, please post.

Thanks
Old 09-25-2013, 10:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm seeing around 20/21 combined with about 60% being in town and 40% highway. A trip I took this weekend I got 25.5 mpg and have about 1100 miles on mine. I did one almost full throttle pull on the highway up to 100mph but the rest of the trip was 70mph with a few passes on two lane roads.
Old 09-25-2013, 10:24 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

My only complaint after 1600 miles is that the brakes are a little to sensitive. Takes time to get used to, otherwise do love this car!
Old 09-25-2013, 10:50 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by SoftDevices
....The suspension is fine, a bit more firm than on the old one...
Thanks
I perceived SQ's suspension as a downside, while it's incredibly responsive in cornering and compliant on the roads, it doesn't give the adjustable option especially for the price we are paying. At least we won't pay as much to replace the adjustables when needed?
Old 09-26-2013, 07:41 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

http://www.digitaltrends.com/car-rev...di-sq5-review/
Old 09-26-2013, 07:56 PM
Club AutoUnion

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

Good find and good review. Steve

Quick Reply: 2014 SQ5 TFSI reviews