Water/meth on 1.8T

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2014, 03:56 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Water/meth on 1.8T

As part of the next upgrade, I plan to install water/meth injection.

Before diving in: what CONSUMPTION of water/meth fluid should I expect?

I don't want to drive around with a trailer loaded with water/meth bottles (daily driver!)

It is understood that consumption largely depends on the right foot, but any real world consumption data input would be appreciated for 'street driving'.
Old 09-21-2019, 06:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 95 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by vtraudt
As part of the next upgrade, I plan to install water/meth injection.

Before diving in: what CONSUMPTION of water/meth fluid should I expect?

I don't want to drive around with a trailer loaded with water/meth bottles (daily driver!)

It is understood that consumption largely depends on the right foot, but any real world consumption data input would be appreciated for 'street driving'.
Yes, your right foot will determine usage along with how you intend to use w/m. You can add w/m to your existing setup that was tuned to run without water/meth and use it just for additional cooling. Or you can get a new tune for your engine that requires 100oct fuel for instance and use w/m with the 91 or 93 gas in your tank to run it and get additional power out of your setup. Needless to say with the latter setup the system to spray more. I had the latter, on a 2.0L motor with a K04 turbo and ran it daily for several years. Commuting and driving with traffic and avoiding full throttle runs I could go for a few weeks before I had to fill up w/m and I was using my windshield washer tank on my 08 VW GTI. However when I went to the track and did 5 - 20 min sessions on a high speed road course I would have to fill up after each 20 min run.

You wont really spray much or at all until you are over 10psi which I think is the nice part. it only sprays when you need it and it isn't needed much just for casual commuter type driving. Also you can use something other than the windshield washer tank and go with a larger reservoir. In my new setup I went with 10 Litre reservoir.

Hope that helps answer question. If you drive normal traffic speeds and acceleration you really won't use a lot.