Suspension Tuning Discussion Discussion forum for general topics regarding suspension tuning

need help with air springs

Old 11-03-2013, 03:14 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help with air springs

I replaced the left front airspring and shock, removed jack mode everything filled and pressurized, as soon as I lowered the car off the jack all pressure was lost and it went right back to sitting against the wheel well, any ideas as to what else I can do or what might need to reviewed and fixed, get really frustrated. I love my car hate the problems
Old 07-12-2014, 08:06 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default D3 A8 Suspension

I replaced the left front airspring and shock, removed jack mode everything filled and pressurized, as soon as I lowered the car off the jack all pressure was lost and it went right back to sitting against the wheel well, any ideas as to what else I can do or what might need to reviewed and fixed, get really frustrated. I love my car hate the problems

Hi, Did you ever resolve this problem? Something similar has happened to me. I put the car in lift mode, then jack mode, when I started to lift it up I could hear lots of air from the drivers front strut. When I lowered it down, it bottomed out. I set the ride back to adaptive and left it over night. I think the whole car dropped a little but nothing to serious. Just wondering what you found, thanks.
Old 07-14-2014, 03:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's how I figured out mine had a leak, I replaced it ad all is well.

Originally Posted by Crash Craddock

Hi, Did you ever resolve this problem? Something similar has happened to me. I put the car in lift mode, then jack mode, when I started to lift it up I could hear lots of air from the drivers front strut. When I lowered it down, it bottomed out. I set the ride back to adaptive and left it over night. I think the whole car dropped a little but nothing to serious. Just wondering what you found, thanks.