Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Still can't get Interior Lights (VCDS mod) added to facelift ('14) Q5 (spijun help!?)

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2013, 01:47 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mwaarna
A tutorial/wiki page for the Q5 specific VCDS mods would be great. I can contribute to it once I get my hands on the cable.(within the next 2 weeks)
Yes, a group contribution page would be ideal - not sure how to create one of those...
Old 11-06-2013, 11:41 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark P
Thanks, that AZ thread didn't include that. The Audienthusiasts one does...

http://www.audienthusiasts.com/VagComINLight.html

Step One: Enable Ambiance Lighting.
[09 – Cent. Elect.]
[Coding - 07] -> Long Coding Helper -> Byte 16 Bit 6 - Set this bit manually to “1” - (1 = active)
Indeed, after changing that, I am now get the menu option accessible (no longer grey'd out) and I can adjust it. I'll see how it does tonight after dark...
Old 11-06-2013, 01:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 353 Likes on 206 Posts

Indeed, after changing that, I am now get the menu option accessible (no longer grey'd out) and I can adjust it. I'll see how it does tonight after dark...

Simply happens during coding something is missed, later a problem arises
To me it happened more than once
Old 11-06-2013, 04:18 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, a group contribution page would be ideal - not sure how to create one of those...
It would be great to have an updated. Q5-specific (maybe even MY-specific) VCDS thread. Some links currently referred to point to dated examples which may or may not reflect current architecture.
I'd sure contribute ...
Old 11-08-2013, 07:06 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks, that AZ thread didn't include that. The Audienthusiasts one does...

http://www.audienthusiasts.com/VagComINLight.html

Step One: Enable Ambiance Lighting.
[09 – Cent. Elect.]
[Coding - 07] -> Long Coding Helper -> Byte 16 Bit 6 - Set this bit manually to “1” - (1 = active)

This further emphasizes we need a Q5-specific thread on VAGCOM mods. I guess I volunteered to create it, so I will... one of these days...
True, the questions over VCDS mods never go away, partly because some referenced links no longer match the most recent controller structures.
Can we keep the initiative for updated Q5 mods alive by simply asking MY'14 owners with successful mods to post them in a dedicated thread? It need not rest on one owner's shoulders alone.
Old 11-22-2013, 08:59 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

PS - how are you doing screen captures of the MMI? I've seen these elsewhere and wondered the same:
Mark,

I think I read this somewhere but try pushing the TEL + MEDIA buttons at the same time until the indicators blink. I also think there has be an SD card in the SD 1 slot.

-J
Old 11-24-2013, 03:34 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jcutchall
Mark,

I think I read this somewhere but try pushing the TEL + MEDIA buttons at the same time until the indicators blink. I also think there has be an SD card in the SD 1 slot.

-J
Somehow I had missed the last step of this process on my MY 2013. I did all the steps, and actually had the footwell lighting working (couldn't adjust brightness), but the option was grayed out as well.

To get it to the point of actually being able to adjust it, I had to enter the hidden (green menu) and complete the last change which was the "carbusassignment" change to "1/9". That little step wasn't listed on the website I was referencing.

Now everything works, and I can adjust the light level as one would expect thought the MMI. Awesome mod.
Old 11-25-2013, 03:02 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by underwhirled
Somehow I had missed the last step of this process on my MY 2013. I did all the steps, and actually had the footwell lighting working (couldn't adjust brightness), but the option was grayed out as well.

To get it to the point of actually being able to adjust it, I had to enter the hidden (green menu) and complete the last change which was the "carbusassignment" change to "1/9". That little step wasn't listed on the website I was referencing.

Now everything works, and I can adjust the light level as one would expect thought the MMI. Awesome mod.
Sorry...for my previous post, I was only referring to the process of doing screen shots on the MMI screen, NOT the process for activating the footwell lighting. Mark had asked in an earlier thread.
Old 11-28-2013, 12:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Mark,

Thanks for this Write up. I just did this modification and immediately I was able to see the option in my car menu.

Turning the dial in the garage, I am able to see the LEDs change brightness.

It was a bit scary to go into the green menu at first, but after double checking everything it was.

So the pictures had me confused a bit on how to for the hidden menu.
http://www.audienthusiasts.com/VagComMMI.html

To Enter the Green Hidden Menu just hold Menu + CAR Down . That was not obvious to me.