S4 (B6 & B7 Platforms) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi S4 produced from 2003-2005 And B7 Audi S4 produced from 2005 -2008

I knew it! I wasn't crazy. Last spring I complained to my dealer that my ABS system was too...

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2006, 05:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I knew it! I wasn't crazy. Last spring I complained to my dealer that my ABS system was too...

Sensitive and locking up too prematurely. It did not behave that way in its first year of operation and now (then) I was afraid it was going to interfere in my extreme/threshold braking needed in competition. I told them to please take a look at it but could not find anything "technically" wrong with it. The car's computer wasn't registering any faults so they could not really do anything about it. They still checked all the sensors and even changed a harness from the wheel sensor to somewhere inside the wheel well. Because my car was modified with a lowered suspension and had a very aggressive alignment set up and had a modified brake system (BBK), I decided to let it go because Audi wasn't going to pay warranty work on this car's brake system. The dealer managed to get the harness and labour covered under warranty and that was good enough for both parties at the time. At the time I told him that next fall when all the mods come off for the winter period, I would revisit with them the situation.

So last summer I competed with what I think was a less than perfect brake system. It seemed to lock up prematurely all the time. I lived with it. Now since late last fall I endured it all over again, this time with a stock suspension and brake system.

Last week I took my car in for its 40K kilometres inspection and had a few squawks to report including the ABS problem. The good news came on Wednesday while I was boarding/skiing with the family. They and the car's computer finally agreed with me, there was indeed a problem and a fault was registered.

A new <b>ABS controller</b> module, the brain behind the system was ordered and will arrive on Monday. Hope that will solve the problem.