Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Wiper Blade Replacements

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2014, 07:42 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiper Blade Replacements

I just picked up a new 2014 A6 last week (having traded in my C6 S6), and I can't even begin to express how disappointed I am with the stock wiper blades. The passenger side blade seems to miss half the window on every pass, and even the driver side has a tendency to leave a film that instantly freezes in the frigid weather we have here in Chicago right now.

In the past, I have always replaced my blades with replacements made by Bosch. That said, I cannot seem to find any maker that lists an application for the A6. Bosch seems to indicate an OEM replacement, with a part number I cannot find anywhere.

So all that said, does anyone have a recommendation on a good after market replacement for these? I searched the forum, but, could not find any threads addressing this. Maybe it's just my blades, because with as bad as they are, I was honestly surprised that I could not find someone else already addressing it.
Old 01-06-2014, 08:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 188 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by hrdlyhuman
I just picked up a new 2014 A6 last week (having traded in my C6 S6), and I can't even begin to express how disappointed I am with the stock wiper blades. The passenger side blade seems to miss half the window on every pass, and even the driver side has a tendency to leave a film that instantly freezes in the frigid weather we have here in Chicago right now.

In the past, I have always replaced my blades with replacements made by Bosch. That said, I cannot seem to find any maker that lists an application for the A6. Bosch seems to indicate an OEM replacement, with a part number I cannot find anywhere.

So all that said, does anyone have a recommendation on a good after market replacement for these? I searched the forum, but, could not find any threads addressing this. Maybe it's just my blades, because with as bad as they are, I was honestly surprised that I could not find someone else already addressing it.
I have a 2014 A6 and the wiper blades are actually quite good compared to previous cars. There may be an issue with the wiper blades on yours-have the dealer replace them for you as Nissan did this for a car I purchased from them a few years back.
Its funny as I was just thinking with the 25 degree weather here in Atlanta that I was impressed that the windshield washer fluid didnt freeze when I used it today to clean off some gunk.
Old 01-06-2014, 08:59 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Actually, OEM blades have for many years been made by Bosch for Audi. Outside of an Audi dealer, they can be purchased for less from several of the online Audi parts suppliers. Since the car is new, your dealer should be able to replace or adjust them under warranty if they're not making good contact. I had a passenger wiper do the same thing and my dealer put on a new one and it worked much better.

Here's one of the AudiWorld sponsors that sell them for future reference at about 40% less than the dealer charges.

http://www.audiusaparts.com/parts/20...?siteid=215820
Old 01-06-2014, 11:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts

I cannot help but wonder if some shipping spray-on coating crap was not fully removed during the pre-delivery prep. It might be worth cleaning the rubber blades with alcohol and see if that helps as a starter.
Old 01-08-2014, 07:29 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks all, I'll head back to the dealer and see if they can help me out.
Old 01-08-2014, 09:15 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

These are listed on Amazon as OE replacements, but they are not showing the same brand for the driver's side, which I believe is 26"

Valeo 900-21-11B Frameless ULTIMATE All-Season Wiper Blade, OE Replacement - 21" : Amazon.com : Automotive Valeo 900-21-11B Frameless ULTIMATE All-Season Wiper Blade, OE Replacement - 21" : Amazon.com : Automotive

Last edited by Brooklyn; 01-08-2014 at 09:18 AM.
Old 01-08-2014, 09:45 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I got mine from Tire Rack, and the OEM is Valeo.
Old 01-09-2014, 11:11 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default shoot

Originally Posted by Brooklyn
These are listed on Amazon as OE replacements, but they are not showing the same brand for the driver's side, which I believe is 26"

Valeo 900-21-11B Frameless ULTIMATE All-Season Wiper Blade, OE Replacement - 21" : Amazon.com : Automotive
Shoot. Bought a 2005 S4 and I searched all over for audi wipers.
Even some of the local parts stores told me it would be cheaper to buy them from the dealer. Never thought of going into my amazon garage and looking. Followed that link put my car in said it didn't fit, clicked find parts for my car and boom. Would have saved a ton. Thanks I will add some things to my wish list<g>
Old 01-13-2014, 08:39 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by irenesbob
I cannot help but wonder if some shipping spray-on coating crap was not fully removed during the pre-delivery prep. It might be worth cleaning the rubber blades with alcohol and see if that helps as a starter.
When I rec'd my audi the blades were shot and I knew they needed to be replaced but that didn't stop me from looking up any TSB. You are right there is actually one about cleaning the blades to prevent streaking.
Old 01-13-2014, 11:15 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Str|der
When I rec'd my audi the blades were shot and I knew they needed to be replaced but that didn't stop me from looking up any TSB. You are right there is actually one about cleaning the blades to prevent streaking.
I clean my wiper blades with alcohol prep pads from CVS about 3 or 4 times a year and have never had to replace a blade on my 4 Audi's since 2005 - they don't streak. My father taught me to clean wiper blsdes back in the 1960's - that is one of the few things he was right about - lol

Quick Reply: Wiper Blade Replacements