A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Should I keep her or leave her for my mistress?

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2013, 03:11 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by in2dwww
Red headed mistresses require a lot of attention. I'd keep the German with the sexy hips and dump the plump German instead.
I offered that and wife didn't fall for it, she says she needs a SUV because she likes to drive from above
Mmmmmn
Old 12-24-2013, 07:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That 512TR rises is value every year, a very sought after car in the Ferrari lineup if kept maintained and with low miles.
Old 12-29-2013, 05:12 AM
Banned

I decided to give it a try and see if the car sells.
I posted the car on ebay, please if you know somebody interested send him my way

The description I put is extensive and a summary of everything I have learned in AW

Last edited by feralc; 12-29-2013 at 07:44 AM.
Old 12-29-2013, 09:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by feralc
I decided to give it a try and see if the car sells. I posted the car on ebay, please if you know somebody interested send him my way. The description I put is extensive and a summary of everything I have learned in AW
Best of luck with it! Personally I would have left off the S7/RS7 editorial, and rephrased the bit about "I know the asking price is a little above what other A7's are selling" along the lines of "The buy-it-now price is only slightly above what un-enhanced A7s with more miles and in worse condition have gone for." or something like that - make it a positive not a negative.
Old 12-29-2013, 09:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Richard Solomon
Best of luck with it! Personally I would have left off the S7/RS7 editorial, and rephrased the bit about "I know the asking price is a little above what other A7's are selling" along the lines of "The buy-it-now price is only slightly above what un-enhanced A7s with more miles and in worse condition have gone for." or something like that - make it a positive not a negative.
Liked it, thanks, I changed it word by word
Also changed the S7vs RS7 paragraph to "Audi uses the same engine in different models but in order to reach different target markets, it underrates and detune the cheaper model and tune and rate properly the more expensive one, a perfect example of this is the S7 vs the RS7, they share basically the same engine, but the RS7 is advertised with 560hp vs 420hp of the S7."
(Which I really believe is the case, the Q7 is the same situation, the prestige has more horsepower than the premium plus, and is just tuning)

It is good to see you actually read the whole thing, I thought that maybe I wrote too much and people will get bored at mid reading and skip important stuff.
I know I am seeking a very specific buyer, And with that lowering the possibilities of a sale, but my car is so good as it is right now.
I keep trying to convince my wife to keep it, and sell the Cayenne, but she says she doesn't want a car, and four seats are "impractical" (whatever that means) haha

Last edited by feralc; 12-30-2013 at 04:51 AM.
Old 12-30-2013, 04:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=feralc;24523690]Liked it, thanks, I changed it word by word
I thought that maybe I wrote too much and people will get bored at mid reading and skip important stuff.
/QUOTE]

Small tip from 35 year copywriter: they'll read it if seriously interested - which is all you care about. Long copy always beats short. Good luck!
Old 12-30-2013, 05:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Also changed the S7 vs RS7 paragraph
Well my point was why steer your buyer to a different/better car? Don't get him/her thinking "Oooh, now an S7 is what I *really* want!"

Besides, if you read the Audi self-study guide for the 4.0T for instance, you'll see the S6/S7 vs the S8 have markedly different internals. So while it's the "same" 4.0T engine block, it's not at all the same engine. Different pistons, different crankshaft, dual intakes, etc, etc, etc. I don't doubt Audi is underrating the engine (in many applications), but in at least some cases there are clear internal differences within the same block. All that is moot though - the central point to selling YOUR car is not to steer your potential buyers to OTHER cars!!!!

Again, best of luck!
Old 12-30-2013, 07:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

[QUOTE=gmunford@b-m-d.com;24523737]
/QUOTE]

Small tip from 35 year copywriter: they'll read it if seriously interested - which is all you care about. Long copy always beats short. Good luck!
Small tip from a 34 year copy editor. Tightly edited copy always beats long.
Old 12-30-2013, 01:37 PM
Banned

I am aware if that that is why I said they share basically the same engine, I don't think people looking for A7 ignore what a S7 is, but the price difference is a considerable factor I have said so many times that if I had the option of buying a S7 when I got mine I would have gone with the S7 Maybe I didn't express myself correctly the idea was "This car behaves closer to a S7 in stock form for a fraction of the price" but I wanted to be honest saying the stock S7 is still a faster car with like 20hp more, otherwise they can think I am implying my A7 has 40hp more, which is not the case Anyways it seems the Italian mistress had more issues than they were disclosed (9k of repairs were needed right away and another 6k eventually) I offered 15k less of what we agreed when he said the car was "perfect" and he got offended So the deal fell apart, let's see if I receive a call tomorrow accepting the new price
Originally Posted by Richard Solomon
Well my point was why steer your buyer to a different/better car? Don't get him/her thinking "Oooh, now an S7 is what I *really* want!" Besides, if you read the Audi self-study guide for the 4.0T for instance, you'll see the S6/S7 vs the S8 have markedly different internals. So while it's the "same" 4.0T engine block, it's not at all the same engine. Different pistons, different crankshaft, dual intakes, etc, etc, etc. I don't doubt Audi is underrating the engine (in many applications), but in at least some cases there are clear internal differences within the same block. All that is moot though - the central point to selling YOUR car is not to steer your potential buyers to OTHER cars!!!! Again, best of luck!

Last edited by feralc; 12-30-2013 at 02:49 PM.
Old 12-30-2013, 04:58 PM
Banned

[QUOTE=gmunford@b-m-d.com;24523737]
Liked it, thanks, I changed it word by word
I thought that maybe I wrote too much and people will get bored at mid reading and skip important stuff.
/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=onthebeam;24523810]
Originally Posted by gmunford@b-m-d.com

Small tip from a 34 year copy editor. Tightly edited copy always beats long.
A little hint from a 30-something smart ***. Nobody reads anymore. Keep it under 140 characters so others can tweet it.

Quick Reply: Should I keep her or leave her for my mistress?