S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

2012 B8 S4 Order and First Post

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 05:36 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 B8 S4 Order and First Post

Hey everyone. I wanted to say thanks for all the helpful information. I have been reading the forums everyday while I contemplated my final choices in my build. I finally ordered it officially last week. I got one of the dealer allocation spots in line that we switched to my exact specs before goes into production, so my S4 should be here end of September or beginning of October! I am just eagerly counting down the days now. This will be my first Audi, my first AWD car, and my first vehicle that hasn't been a Mustang, Camaro, or diesel truck (LOL!).

Here is what I ordered:

2012 B8 S4 in Brilliant Black
Black Interior with Alcantara
Carbon Atlas Inlays
Prestige Package
Audi Drive Select with Sports Differential
Wheel Locks

I also opted for the Audi Care.

Glad to be a part of the forum everyone.
Old 07-31-2011, 06:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Congrats and welcome! It will be my first Audi and first AWD car, too. Expecting delivery mid Sept... The forums (and lining up mods) are the only thing that make the waiting bearable...
Old 07-31-2011, 06:36 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by dreaddontdie
Congrats and welcome! It will be my first Audi and first AWD car, too. Expecting delivery mid Sept... The forums (and lining up mods) are the only thing that make the waiting bearable...
Congrats to you as well. Your specs in your sig look great!
I hear ya on the forums and mods being the only bearable thing. What mods do you have planned? September is not too far away!
Old 07-31-2011, 06:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by BMiller270
Congrats to you as well. Your specs in your sig look great!
I hear ya on the forums and mods being the only bearable thing. What mods do you have planned? September is not too far away!
thanks!

i have a few mods planned, starting with cosmetic ones and working to perf (as the S4 will already be a big jump from my scion tc):

Cosmetic (no particular order - yet):

-RS4 pedal set and black anodized heelplate
-Lamin-X (light tint on front and rear lights)
-LEDs (interior)
-Oil dipstick
-Vagcom cable + software (power windows, DRL winking, etc)
-Supercharger badges
-Underseat storage bins
-Tints
-HID 6K
-Intercooler screen/protector
-Some gunmetal/silver sick-looking 20s for da summa

Perf/Handling:

-Eurocode Alu Kruez
-H&R springs
-Sways
-BBK (really just want red calipers front/back)
-APR ECU/Pulley (tho there is still great debate over drivetrain warranty, etc)

This is what happens when you spend 150+ hours researching the S4 on AW and AZ over the past year+.
Old 07-31-2011, 07:05 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

thanks!

i have a few mods planned, starting with cosmetic ones and working to perf (as the S4 will already be a big jump from my scion tc):

Cosmetic (no particular order - yet):

-RS4 pedal set and black anodized heelplate
-Lamin-X (light tint on front and rear lights)
-LEDs (interior)
-Oil dipstick
-Vagcom cable + software (power windows, DRL winking, etc)
-Supercharger badges
-Underseat storage bins
-Tints
-HID 6K
-Intercooler screen/protector
-Some gunmetal/silver sick-looking 20s for da summa

Perf/Handling:

-Eurocode Alu Kruez
-H&R springs
-Sways
-BBK (really just want red calipers front/back)
-APR ECU/Pulley (tho there is still great debate over drivetrain warranty, etc)

This is what happens when you spend 150+ hours researching the S4 on AW and AZ over the past year+.
That looks like a great list! I love planning on mods and things while researching forums. It's so exciting. Haha. I can't wait to see pics of your car when you get it/start modding it.

Could you tell me more about the VAG-COM mods you can do? I tried researching it earlier, like what do you mean by power windows?
Old 07-31-2011, 07:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by BMiller270
That looks like a great list! I love planning on mods and things while researching forums. It's so exciting. Haha. I can't wait to see pics of your car when you get it/start modding it.

Could you tell me more about the VAG-COM mods you can do? I tried researching it earlier, like what do you mean by power windows?
You can program the car to roll the windows down when you press + hold the unlock button on your key fob - and also do the reverse on the lock button. Lots of mods - the one one I will do DAY 1 is to disable the DRL from turning off "winking" when the turn signal is on...man i hate that. check out this site for a good list of options: http://www.audienthusiasts.com/VagCom.html
Old 07-31-2011, 07:24 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats and I believe you will be amazed by something completely different to what you have been driving. The S4 is really a great car.
Old 07-31-2011, 07:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

You can program the car to roll the windows down when you press + hold the unlock button on your key fob - and also do the reverse on the lock button. Lots of mods - the one one I will do DAY 1 is to disable the DRL from turning off "winking" when the turn signal is on...man i hate that. check out this site for a good list of options: http://www.audienthusiasts.com/VagCom.html
Another good one is "video in motion" - allows you to play DVDs while the car is moving. Obviously not for the driver, but is nice for any kids/passengers, especially on a long trip.

http://www.audienthusiasts.com/Articles_VIM.html
Old 07-31-2011, 07:44 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks dreaddontdie. I'm gonna check out that stuff now. I like the window one a lot!
DrGP you should have seen my initial test drive in a B8 S4. I was completely amazed and in love. My one car I built was a 2003 Kenne Bell Cobra and any pressure on the throttle meant your back end was wrapping around. I floored this car and it was a thing of beauty not being terrified of going into a tree. Haha.
Old 07-31-2011, 10:07 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I forgot to add in a very important part. I went with the S-Tronic transmission.

Quick Reply: 2012 B8 S4 Order and First Post