A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

A7 Prestige Seats

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2012, 08:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm 6'3, 235lbs, athletic and my A7 fits me just fine...
Old 01-29-2012, 07:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by raslam77
I'm 6'3, 235lbs, athletic and my A7 fits me just fine...
I'd love to know your secret in terms of adjustments ... I'm athletic - at 6'2" I'm about 200 lbs ... but I can't find a comfortable position.

I love this car but I came from an E63 and before that an M5 and those seats were fantastic.
Old 01-30-2012, 10:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Chair all the way back, seat cushion all the way down in the back.... front slightly higher. Lumbar - Nil w/ the seat back varied based on the type of driving I'm doing.
Old 01-30-2012, 01:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm 5'8" and 160 lbs and I don't find the seats very comfortable either. I had the same issue in my Q5 which had very similar seats. I feel the issue is the seats are hard without much support, kind of the worst of two worlds. Not sure what Audi was thinking.

If they offer the comfort seats as an option in the 2013 MY I'm gonna be pissed.
Old 01-30-2012, 01:37 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

I am 6' and 220 lbs, fairly standard build. While I don't find the A7seats outright uncomfortable, they are definitely not the best seats I ever had in a car.

The seats in my 1994 Subaru SVX fit like a glove, I don't think I will ever be able to match those.
Old 01-30-2012, 04:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by tridentnyc
I'm 5'8" and 160 lbs and I don't find the seats very comfortable either. I had the same issue in my Q5 which had very similar seats. I feel the issue is the seats are hard without much support, kind of the worst of two worlds. Not sure what Audi was thinking.

If they offer the comfort seats as an option in the 2013 MY I'm gonna be pissed.
The lack of the "comfort" seat option is exactly why I couldn't go with either the A7 or the new A6. The seats in the old A8 (D3) are far more comfortable, supportive, and adjustable. I just ordered a new A8 two weeks ago despite wanting to downsize. If you can't get into a comfortable seating position, it makes no sense to even consider the vehicle. The seats were the very first thing I noticed (and didn't like) about the A7 when the first one arrived and I sat in it. As attractive as the lines of the A7 are and as solid as the drivetrain is, the seats are simply underwhelming.

If you like them and can adjust to a comfortable position (or at least convince yourself!), then great.

As far as the 2013 MY goes, who knows...Audi just might "allow" the U.S. market to get the better seats. Then again, maybe not.
Old 02-16-2012, 12:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gb4.2
The standard seats offered in the A7 (in all trim levels) only differ in whether they have ventilation or not. The Prestige has the ventilation. These seats are nowhere near as comfortable or as adjustable as those in your current X5. The only Audis in the U.S. with fully adjustable seats are in the D3 and D4 A8/A8L's. On the other hand, if you're in Europe, you can get the "Comfort" seat option on the A7 which is fully adjustable with the option for several massage settings via the MMI. It's unknown when or if the U.S. market will have the option of ordering A7's (or A6's) with the premium seats. It's a damn shame they can't see fit to give us the same list of options (especially seating) as in Europe.
---------------------------------------------------
Sad that even the Prestige for $65K+ would not have a high end seat option. I would rather have multiple adjustments over ventilation. I have a 2008 BMW E61 Wagon and the Sport Seats (non ventilated) are heaven! My wife's Infiniti G35X has perforated seats that are too short, but at least you have the option of getting seats with more adjustments (and thigh extensions) in the sport package.
Old 02-16-2012, 05:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

At this price point, you shouldn't have to option up comfortable seats. Seats adding additional adjustments is one thing but if you are spending money on a luxury car comfortable seats should be standard.
Old 02-17-2012, 03:35 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by viggense
At this price point, you shouldn't have to option up comfortable seats. Seats adding additional adjustments is one thing but if you are spending money on a luxury car comfortable seats should be standard.
I second that!
Old 02-17-2012, 06:29 AM
Club AutoUnion

If the comfort seats were offered as an option I would have paid $1,500 to 2,000 they are that good. It was going to wait for the 2013 in hopes that they would be an option but I pulled the trigger. They should at least offer an S line seat with the prestige or sport package.

Quick Reply: A7 Prestige Seats