1983 URQ for sale

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 09:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1983 URQ for sale

Anybody see the 1983 for sale in Stockton, CA
Has 141,000 miles. Its complete from what I know, but has a salvage title. I do not own a URQ yet but I am looking around so I would be curious if any of you URQ followers know of this car and its history, etc. Apparantly the current owner bought it from someone in Oakland Hills.
Old 04-25-2006, 04:55 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Salvage title would be terrible for a NY'er . Red tape is horrendous.
Old 04-25-2006, 05:19 PM

Default Re: Salvage title would be terrible for a NY'er . Red tape is horrendous.

Yea, he mentioned the money and hassle he had to go through to go from Oregon registration to California. I did not look into any cost or issues if the title stayed in CA and just changed owners. Would think it would be easier that going from state to state. He wants $12,000 for it. He says he has modified the engine (Schick cam,lifters, rings, valve springs, turbo, and ECU reprogram) Porsche calipers, 2Bennett suspension, etc. However when I drove it shifting into first was a bear, and 2nd quite knotchy. He said he also put short shifter linkage in. I am not enough of a mechanic to tell if it is linkage or syncros.
Old 04-27-2006, 03:41 PM

Default Re: 1983 URQ for sale Spider Man's EBAY ad

Anybody read the car description and EBay members asking questions? Easier reading than looking at the upside down pics. Having never seen a Mars Read before is the color right, or too orange. Anybody local to Stockton going to look at it?
Old 04-27-2006, 09:16 PM

So, you drove it? What's the general condition? What doesn't work?
Old 04-28-2006, 09:19 AM

Default Re: So, you drove it? What's the general condition? What doesn't work?

General condition was good. Engine seemed strong, no cold or hot start issues. I didn't verify the reported engine work/upgrades. Did not give car 100% check up yet. Things that I wondered about were... transmission, A/C not 100%, power locks and windows not 100%, diff. lock not working, amount of body work and some shimmy in steering wheel. It seems like a good example, with good and bad points. I just started to look into buying a URQ so I was not sure if the condition matched the asking price. You can see upside down pics at EBAY.
Old 04-29-2006, 08:23 PM
No Bozos!

Default Not really

The guy that lives across the street from my cousin does it all the time. He's a Russian immigrant and in his spare time he buys wrecks for dirt cheap, fixes them and then resells them.

Every one has a salvage title, and he fixes them up, then takes it in for an inspection(one in just about every major city in NYS)[Not a normal yearly inspection sort of thing] and they update the title, he hasn't had an issue with a single one yet.

As long as the car is in good shape and doesn't have a bunch of hot serialized parts on it, you should be fine.
Old 04-30-2006, 03:05 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Inspection fee starts at $175 and car most be towed in, not driven there.

DMV folks told me. Sounds like I should just use your buddy. I also though they want receipts for replacement parts. ALl of this even if the car went through this type of inspection in another state already.<ul><li><a href="http://www.nysdmv.com/salvexam.htm">http://www.nysdmv.com/salvexam.htm</a</li></ul>
Old 04-30-2006, 03:45 PM
No Bozos!

Default Yeah

Since they haven't theoretically decided whether they will allow it on the road, you would have to tow it in.

Depending on what is listed on the slavage title, you can get away with few receipts. The thing they are looking for actually is stolen parts believe it or not. They want the receipts to show that you didn't buy hot parts.

For newer cars they will also check sn#'s on the replacement parts against police records of stolen vehicles.

Oh and they will also check ot see that the car is roadworthy. Minor detail.

Where are you located?
Old 05-04-2006, 01:47 PM

Default Is this car really have the mods it says

Why all the questions on the car that were answered so weird? Like those aren't Porsche wheels, and he says he will take some pictures of the painted lugnuts-aren't those Avus wheels off a Audi. And the brakes question, are they Porsche brakes, what model? He said he would take a picture of his PCA sticker