A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Should I keep her or leave her for my mistress?

Old 12-23-2013, 08:07 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Should I keep her or leave her for my mistress?

I have a new mistress, she is italian and although I love my German one the italian is just spicier.
The italian is older (I know I know) but she is considered a classic.
She is 21 years old but she is turning 22 years in a couple of days. My German is just turning 2 in a couple of days.
The German has everything a man wants and needs now, the italian doesn't, she is just basic old school, perfect curves, and the best of all she is a RED HEADED
My italian mistress arrives in a couple of days, and I do not know what to do, keep them both, or say goodbye.
The beautiful red headed italian is a ferrari 512tr 1992
I haven't decided what a fair price for my A7 is, it has less than 20k miles, prestige with full LED drive assist package and 20 inch wheels, and also 6,000 worth of extra equipment (plus 1,000 of labor)
2600 or the AWE exhaust
450 for the eibach springs
250 for the Injen Inake
1700 for the GIAC stage 1
1000 for the GIAC stage 2
I could take off the equipment and sell the car original but I think these mods could be appreciated by an Audi enthusiast (at a fraction of the cost), I know I cannot recoup all my money (and putting the car original will have a labor cost too) but my guess is I could sell this car for 3k above A7 market value and make everybody happy.

I could keep both but honestly it would be stupid, because I do not use the A7 that often, my wife's Cayenne is our daily driver and I walk to work, the A7 has become our date night car, and for that the Ferrari is perfect for the job, and seeing my A7 depreciate over time just parking there is not wise.

So what do I do?
If I decide to sell her, how much do you think is a good price to ask for? As it is.

I know some people will say that the equipment doesn't have any value or even worse it has a detrimental value because of the powertrain warranty, this car is not for them, because we have beaten to death the subject about how the tuning doesn't affect (if you know how to work it out with your dealer) the warranty, and even it something happens GIAC could still put it back to stock before submitting a claim, and this car has a full warranty and no TD1 code.

Any ideas?

Last edited by feralc; 02-13-2015 at 12:16 PM.
Old 12-24-2013, 04:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sleep with her for a few more nights. Give her the chance to bring you heightened pleasure.
Old 12-24-2013, 04:44 AM
Banned

Red headed mistresses require a lot of attention. I'd keep the German with the sexy hips and dump the plump German instead.
Old 12-24-2013, 05:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by feralc
I have a new mistress, she is italian . . . and the best of all she is a RED HEADED
This raises one other all important question. Is she red all over?
Old 12-24-2013, 06:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Letting the little head do the thinking for the big head

You probably don't want to hear this, but the time to ask this question was BEFORE you jumped into the garage with the Italian hussy. You should probably just skip to the very end of my posting now...

...ok, since you asked for it....

Much like in a human divorce, you will take a bath on divorcing from the German. All the money you threw at her will come back to haunt you. Much like you wouldn't want to hear how vindictive your ex could be, you don't want to hear how you will get MUCH LESS in resale due to mods. (Unlike a human ex where mods virtually always increase resale, it's been demonstrated here for more than a decade that car mods virtually always decrease resale. I'm sorry you don't want to hear that, but it's a fact.)

By being quick on the trigger with the Italian, you've committed yourself to one of several choices:
1) Keep all 3 vehicles.
2) Sell the Audi.
3) Sell the Ferrari.
4) Sell the wife's Porsche.

Let's just eliminate #4 right now as MASSIVELY stupid for all the obvious reasons.
#3 is stupid because you just bought the car and are emotionally committed to it, not to mention you're unlikely to recoup your costs of purchase and transportation, etc.
#2 is stupid because you have (quite human and normal) completely unrealistic expectations of the dollars you'll get out of the sale, thus you will be doomed to a perpetual for-sale sign and a life of increasingly angry refusals of (to you) "lowball" offers.
#1 is stupid because you don't need two vehicles, let alone 3, but it's the least stupid of the bunch.

--------------- resume here if skipping the analytical portion ---------------

So keep both the Audi you love and the Ferrari you lust for, be sure to drive them both on occasion and stop this walking to work nonsense. Surely there's a nice road nearby that you can work into a "Billy from Family Circus"-esque drive to work.

Oh, and TTIWWP of Ferrari.
Old 12-24-2013, 06:35 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

While it may be possible to find a buyer seeking a modded vehidle, it is fairly low probability. Typically, best bet is to return it to stock and sell the aftermarket pieces separately.

That Italian Mistress will be a blast but she'll be high maintenance. Enjoy.
Old 12-24-2013, 07:27 AM
Banned

I have modded cars my whole life (most of. The time is performance wise I like the sleeper looks) and I have never had problems selling them, the worst that has happened is that I had to give away the mods for free but I have never had anyone asking the car to be stock, maybe I have been lucky to find the right prospective buyers
Now the A7 is a hot car, there is demand for them and demand for the mods (as we can see the threads here) but I can always strip the car and sell it stock. A shop will charge me 500 Dlls at the most to get everything out.
Actually GIAC can put it back to stock and give me credit for a ECU upgrade in a future Audi (I want to change the wifey cayenne for a Q7 eventually)
But I KNOW there is somebody out there who will appreciate (just like I do) the mods my car has (wishful thinking maybe but I bet that if anyone sees and drives my car they will not look back at a stock A7) and get the mods for half it's price.

Now answering the questions about the new love
High maintenance yes but she has had surgery recently and doesn't need anything for a while
Is she all over red headed, yes she is
And most importantly to not get his thread worthless (I had to actually google that acronym)
Here is a couple of pics

And I want to keep both girls but I have to tell my wife otherwise hahahaha
Attached Images   
Old 12-24-2013, 10:36 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Ofcourse everyone here is going to say keep the A7, but looks like you have got the itch, so you going to go for the mistress.. and then regret later as it always happens.. but hey, you only live once! And oh yeah, the mistress looks hot, but dont care too much for the wheels..
Old 12-24-2013, 11:00 AM
Banned

Those wheels are going as soon as possible
Or maybe there is a way to refinish them because they are original

Last edited by feralc; 12-24-2013 at 11:04 AM.
Old 12-24-2013, 11:06 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by in2dwww
I'm selling my SLK55 AMG to make room in Jan for the A6 TDI. I've had zero offers since I put her up for sale last month. She's a younger red head: http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...ngId=133644819 The best thing for now would be to hold tight until the holidays blow over. I didn't even get a low-ball offer and the prices are all below KBB.
Good idea, only me is buying something during this season
And selling it now or in a couple of months more wouldn't make a real difference

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Should I keep her or leave her for my mistress?