A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

A7 Prestige Seats

Old 05-15-2011, 08:29 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A7 Prestige Seats

I am just starting the search for my next car. I was leaning to a 550xi or 535xi but recently saw the A7 and have now added it to my list. I would likely go with a A7 Prestige but was wondering why it shows a 8-way seat vs. the Premium Plus which has a 12-way seat?

I understand that the Prestige seat is ventilated (which I would prefer) but am concerned that it seems like it has fewer adjustments? Does anyone have more details on the two seats. I really like my current BMW upgraded active ventilated seat package in my X5 which lets you adjust the side bolsters and adjust the upper seat back forward or back. Do the Audi 8-way or 12-seats do that?
Old 05-15-2011, 09:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

The Premium, Premium Plus and Prestige trim levels all have the same 12 way power seats (except Prestige is ventilated). On the AudiUSA site it list the Prestige as 8-way with 4-way lumbar (12-way) while it lists the Premium and Premium as 12-way including 4-way lumbar (12-way). The seats DO NOT have adjustable side bolsters or the adjustable upper section of the seat; for that you'd need the comfort seats which are only optional in Europe or here A8.
Old 05-15-2011, 12:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by ctdw
I really like my current BMW upgraded active ventilated seat package in my X5 which lets you adjust the side bolsters and adjust the upper seat back forward or back. Do the Audi 8-way or 12-seats do that?
The standard seats offered in the A7 (in all trim levels) only differ in whether they have ventilation or not. The Prestige has the ventilation. These seats are nowhere near as comfortable or as adjustable as those in your current X5. The only Audis in the U.S. with fully adjustable seats are in the D3 and D4 A8/A8L's. On the other hand, if you're in Europe, you can get the "Comfort" seat option on the A7 which is fully adjustable with the option for several massage settings via the MMI. It's unknown when or if the U.S. market will have the option of ordering A7's (or A6's) with the premium seats. It's a damn shame they can't see fit to give us the same list of options (especially seating) as in Europe.
Old 05-16-2011, 09:02 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

That's too bad on the seats. I will have to see if the seats are comfortable, but it's sounds like I may be disappointed.
Old 05-16-2011, 03:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

I just test drove an A7 today with specific attention to the seating---the seats are OK and probably "good enough" for many buyers. However, I have to admit I'm spoiled by the much more adjustable and, as a result, more comfortable seats in my A8L. The big issue for me with the A7's seats is the inability to extend the front section of the bottom seat cushion for someone (like me) who has long legs. Also, there is no upper seat back articulation.

As a result of how Audi introduced the A7 with limited options for the U.S. market, I don't have much hope that the new A6 will have much seating choice, either. And this is despite it being positioned in the marketplace directly against the 5-series which has a great 18-way multi-contour seat option---this was available at introduction of the current version.
Old 06-09-2011, 04:50 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by gb4.2
The big issue for me with the A7's seats is the inability to extend the front section of the bottom seat cushion for someone (like me) who has long legs.
I drove the A7 twice and felt the seats were too short for me (long legs also). I also felt there was poor bolstering. I like the A7 a lot but decided to not go with it this time for a few reasons. I did end up test driving a new S4 and bought that instead and picked it up this week. Very different car, but a lot more fun to drive. I prefer the sport seats in the S4 even though they don't have a lot of adjustments.
Old 06-10-2011, 11:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Not sure which version you sat in but there is a design difference between the ventilated and non-ventilated front seats in the A7. The ventilated versions do have a somewhat longer front section for thigh support (but no adjustment) while the non-ventilated versions don't. In fact the non-ventilated versions are styled/shaped much like the front seats in the Q5. I believe the ventilated seats are standard on the Prestige version only.

I've sat in the Prestige version and the seats are OK but not great; at least not anywhere near as good as those in the A8 or as good as they could be if the "Comfort" seats were available as in Europe.

Waiting to see if they do the same thing with the new A6. All indications so far are that Audi has decided to make the same seats (ventilated or non-ventilated) the only choices here based on the ordering guide. Can't see them making available better seats in the A6 than for its more expensive "brother" (the A7).
Old 01-28-2012, 11:28 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I got an A7 Premium Plus for 3 months now. I am 6"2' and I am having a hard time finding a comfortable position. The seats are fully adjustable bit in my opinion they lack cushioning and they are not deep and tall enough. I checked the Prestige and it seems that seats are similar except for the ventilation. I am seriously thinking of getting another car maybe less fancy but comfortable...
Old 01-29-2012, 04:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Do NOT buy this car for the seats. If the seats are an issue for you and you want seats like the BMW or A8, this is not the right car for you. Do NOT look at a Vette or a Porsche either. You will NOT like the seats. If you are blessed with a wide butt or very long legs..look elsewhere.

I'm still looking to see another A7 on the road. They are not for everyone.
Old 01-29-2012, 07:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by skgoA7
I got an A7 Premium Plus for 3 months now. I am 6"2' and I am having a hard time finding a comfortable position. The seats are fully adjustable bit in my opinion they lack cushioning and they are not deep and tall enough. I checked the Prestige and it seems that seats are similar except for the ventilation. I am seriously thinking of getting another car maybe less fancy but comfortable...
Ditto. I really miss that from my previous cars.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: A7 Prestige Seats