Yo! I'm new!

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2014, 08:10 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yo! I'm new!

Hello everyone!

I am going to be picking up a 2000 Audi A8 I believe it's the "L" but not sure. I am paying 600.00 for it this Saturday, the timing belt was replaced and now it will not start and I guess the owner just told the shop to keep it. They have title in hand, so it may be a quick fix may not be. We'll see!

Any way, I'm really excited, my wife and I recently traded in 2 cars for one, and guess who got the car.......... So I am hoping to maybe get it in time or replace the engine and have a car again! I will post some pics, the car is immaculate, inside and out! Black interior and black out. So I guess black on black is the term.

I've had my share of vehicles in my life from SR powered 240sx to Cj7 to MGB. Lol I know my way around low end foreign cars and domestic, but this will be the first German made car I have ever owned! So I have I expectations!

I work two jobs, full time supervisor for a construction company, and part time at the local advance auto. I live in St. Augustine Fl btw, loving the warm weather when everyone else is getting snow! I'm originally from Northern Va. I don't miss the cold weather at all! Well if you have read this far, kudos! Thanks for reading! Looking forward to chatting with you all!

Oops, I almost forgot! Does anyone know how to set the timing on a 4.2? TDC in the compression stroke? Please help!
Kevin
Old 05-18-2014, 06:08 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 83 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by A8wishingS8
Hello everyone!

I am going to be picking up a 2000 Audi A8 I believe it's the "L" but not sure. I am paying 600.00 for it this Saturday, the timing belt was replaced and now it will not start and I guess the owner just told the shop to keep it. They have title in hand, so it may be a quick fix may not be. We'll see!

Any way, I'm really excited, my wife and I recently traded in 2 cars for one, and guess who got the car.......... So I am hoping to maybe get it in time or replace the engine and have a car again! I will post some pics, the car is immaculate, inside and out! Black interior and black out. So I guess black on black is the term.

I've had my share of vehicles in my life from SR powered 240sx to Cj7 to MGB. Lol I know my way around low end foreign cars and domestic, but this will be the first German made car I have ever owned! So I have I expectations!

I work two jobs, full time supervisor for a construction company, and part time at the local advance auto. I live in St. Augustine Fl btw, loving the warm weather when everyone else is getting snow! I'm originally from Northern Va. I don't miss the cold weather at all! Well if you have read this far, kudos! Thanks for reading! Looking forward to chatting with you all!

Oops, I almost forgot! Does anyone know how to set the timing on a 4.2? TDC in the compression stroke? Please help!
Kevin
Hey Kevin, this forum (4.2L) is deadsville, but if you're still around, go to the A8(D2) forum, you'll get a lot more feedback. Good luck with the repairs. Let us know what happened.

-Tom