TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Central locking/ Manual Locking problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2014, 10:41 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Central locking/ Manual Locking problems

I have been having troubles figuring out what might be wrong with the central locking system as well as the manual locking system.

My fob has worked fine up until shortly after I replaced a faulty car battery. I thought it might be the fob batteries, so I had those replaced. Still didn't work. Fob is transmitting a signal though. The central locking buttons inside the car have stopped working as well; however I can still open the trunk/ gas tank cover. I checked both central locking fuses, and both are fine.

I thought that perhaps my fob just needed reprogramming. However, the manual locks were not working when I purchased the car. This was not a problem as the key fob and central locking system never had any problems up until now.

I need help! I don't think it's the lock pump as the trunk still unlocks. What else can I check? Also, if somebody could walk me through figuring out the manual locking system that would be great.
Old 03-15-2014, 07:21 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Sounds like your Central Convenience Module (CCM) has gone bad. This is very common and would explain everything you are experiencing.

The module is located in different locations depending whether you have a coupe or convertible. Best bet is to locate yours and get part number off of it. Then check eBay or something similar to find a replacement. They are hell expensive new so are a better deal to get used.

There are also a number of places to get them rebuilt like Module Masters and bba-reman. But of course your car is not going to run while the module is getting rebuilt.

Here is a pic from my coupe; the module is located behind the panel below the seat back latch on the left (driver) side.

Best of luck and Cheers!
Old 04-20-2014, 05:08 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default re locks

This might help you out , if you can leave the two doors unlocked plus the boot , remove battery - lead for 20 mins , MAKE SHURE YOU DONT LEAVE YOUR KEYS IN THE CAR , reconnect the battery wait for a min or two then lock the car with the fob.
Hope this helps.