Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

A6 C7 Lemon Law Case

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2013, 04:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sal,
Sorry to hear about your problems with your A6. While I believe that major repeating problems are pretty rare I guess it can happen, but no less disappointing if it is yours.

When I bought mine, I came down to the Lexus GS350 and BMW 335xi. My wife loved the Lexus. I thought it was excellent as well, but as silly as it sounds, the fact that the rear seat did not fold down was a major negative (I ski, and didn't want to deal with a rack for the entire winter).

Will miss you here - I agree this is a great community - Ive been away from it to a great extent lately, have been out of State a lot which meant my A6 has been resting quietly in my garage a LOT lately.

Best of luck with your next purchase whatever it might be.
Old 12-17-2013, 08:58 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by salvadorik
New 2014 Lexus IS 350 is entirely redesigned except the carryover 3.5L V6. New 8 speed transmission, totally different chassis, sophisticated suspension that was introduced in new GS last year, and absolutely stunning interior.
Thats right, I forgot they replaced it with that hideous beast. The RWD ones get the new trans, but AWD is stuck with the old 6 speed.

Still nothing special. You want a sport sedan, you buy German. Thats just the way the hierarchy works. Japan is for econoboxes and boring appliances.
Old 12-17-2013, 01:14 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

New 2014 Lexus IS 350 is entirely redesigned except the carryover 3.5L V6. New 8 speed transmission, totally different chassis, sophisticated suspension that was introduced in new GS last year, and absolutely stunning interior.

You may disagree with me and call Lexus customers idiots but I would listen to what other reputable car reviewers are saying about new IS:[/url]
Good for you in knowing that the new Lexus is an entirely new breed of cars. Sadly many folks are still ignorant of this fact. Starting with their new porkly 5 series, BMW has been embarrassed by both Lexus and Cadillac. Recently the new Lexus IS 350 also handily beat the new F30 335i. Their previous E90/92 3 series were simply amazing. I had an '07 335i and I love that car. But the new F30 series is a huge disappointment.

You'll be much happier with the IS 350 if you want a great handling car. Reliability is just icing on the cake, as long as you're ok with its controversial look. Personally unless you get the M Sport packages on the BMW, I think their car looks pretty boring. Audi wins the looks contest in my book. Now if only they can make it more reliable.
Old 12-17-2013, 03:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Mso4
Recently the new Lexus IS 350 also handily beat the new F30 335i. Their previous E90/92 3 series were simply amazing. I had an '07 335i and I love that car. But the new F30 series is a huge disappointment.
Thats funny because both the 335 and the S4 stomped it in the last Motor Trend Big Test.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/..._sport_sedans/
Old 12-17-2013, 04:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MileHighJC
Sal,
Sorry to hear about your problems with your A6. While I believe that major repeating problems are pretty rare I guess it can happen, but no less disappointing if it is yours.

When I bought mine, I came down to the Lexus GS350 and BMW 335xi. My wife loved the Lexus. I thought it was excellent as well, but as silly as it sounds, the fact that the rear seat did not fold down was a major negative (I ski, and didn't want to deal with a rack for the entire winter).

Will miss you here - I agree this is a great community - Ive been away from it to a great extent lately, have been out of State a lot which meant my A6 has been resting quietly in my garage a LOT lately.

Best of luck with your next purchase whatever it might be.
Thanks for sharing. I understand your decision about GS vs A6. C7 is a superb car. MMI is the best system I have experienced. Very easy to use and it has the best features in the bis e.g. google earth overlay, online search etc. Audi drives great and it looks very sexy, i would say the sheer looks of C7 just makes it worthy of a purchase. Now I have owned it for two years, I have learned a lot about Audi and its products. I am pretty sure I will come back to Audi perhaps some time in the near future.

Last edited by salvadorik; 12-17-2013 at 05:20 PM.
Old 12-17-2013, 05:17 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Hi folks, it has been a little over than two years since I became a part of this magnificent community. Unfortunately my journey with the seventh generation of A6 is coming to an end at this time. My request to repurchase the car under the lemon law of the state of CA has been approved by AOA. Perhaps I am not the first C7 owner who purchased a lemon but I have not heard of anyone else so far (at least on this forum).

There have been too many repairs done especially electrical components kept failing. More than 90 days in a shop in just two years and the car is still not operating as designed. C7 is my first german luxury car and it sure has not been the best experience to say at least. That said Audi is for sure the company that stands behind its products. No manufacturer is flawless, all of them have certain percentage of lemons rolling out of production line. So I am pretty sure most of you are delighted to own this vehicle as 99% of them must be reliable machines (consumer reports would not have put A6 on its top list). So at this point I am very hesitant to buy another Audi, at least not at this time. I am going, however, to carefully watch as how Audi proceeds with its advancements and perhaps I will join Audi family again sometime in the future.

Right now I am torn between 2014 IS 350 and 2014 BMW 335i. Oh well that is not a relevant dilemma to discuss at least on this forum

Enjoy your C7s folks and thanks for everything.

Sal
I have yet to test drive the 2014 IS350, heard only great things about them. My brother's 2013 BMW 335 is fantastic to drive, but not for long highway trips. Good luck on your future purchases.
Old 12-18-2013, 06:29 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unfortunately my journey with the seventh generation of A6 is coming to an end at this time. My request to repurchase the car under the lemon law of the state of CA has been approved by AOA. Perhaps I am not the first C7 owner who purchased a lemon but I have not heard of anyone else so far (at least on this forum).
Sorry to hear about your poor Audi ownership experience. Was your A6 an early production run - or just an unlucky Friday afternoon assembly line mess?
Old 12-18-2013, 07:49 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

You may disagree with me and call Lexus customers idiots but I would listen to what other reputable car reviewers are saying about new IS:
I wouldn't worry what about someone who is clearly misinformed has to say.

If you like the Lexus, go with it. You can not beat their reliability and they have added a fun to drive / sportability factor in some models.

I know when I was doing my search, I looked at the A6, Mercedes, BMW, Infiniti and Lexus - and the Lexus GS F Sport was a close runner up to the A6 for me. The The Lexus GS F Sport was a very nice car, the best overall interior, you either love or hate the front styling - I actually liked it. And it handled very well. But its price tag was at the top of the heap and its engine, while powerful, did not have the low end power like the A6. In the end the A6 won me over with the 3.0 TFSI engine and the fact that it was a better overall deal. But the GS F Sport was a close contender - and again their reliability can't be beat. (Note at the time the new IS was not out yet so I did not look at that).

So I would have no hesitation going with the Lexus - even if some misinformed people think Lexus customers are "idiots"
Old 12-18-2013, 09:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Maverick61
I wouldn't worry what about someone who is clearly misinformed has to say.

If you like the Lexus, go with it. You can not beat their reliability and they have added a fun to drive / sportability factor in some models.

I know when I was doing my search, I looked at the A6, Mercedes, BMW, Infiniti and Lexus - and the Lexus GS F Sport was a close runner up to the A6 for me. The The Lexus GS F Sport was a very nice car, the best overall interior, you either love or hate the front styling - I actually liked it. And it handled very well. But its price tag was at the top of the heap and its engine, while powerful, did not have the low end power like the A6. In the end the A6 won me over with the 3.0 TFSI engine and the fact that it was a better overall deal. But the GS F Sport was a close contender - and again their reliability can't be beat. (Note at the time the new IS was not out yet so I did not look at that).

So I would have no hesitation going with the Lexus - even if some misinformed people think Lexus customers are "idiots"
My observations of the GS F Sport were almost identical. I did like the interior, although it was more of a 4 person car than even the A6. I personally was not as sold on the front end, but that is just personal taste. IMHO, MMI was a better interface as well.

In the end, I am a big fan of the "German Car Feel". I cant really put my finger on it, but it is a very different driving experience in my view. Short of an experience like Sal has had, Im probably forever a German car guy - and most probably an Audi guy.
Old 12-18-2013, 09:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sal,

I had a similar incident happen to me, though not an official lemon law case. The dealer didn't know how to go about fixing a front end problem after multiple attempts. I guess I could have pushed the lemon law but I was too lazy. Good on you for doing so. Anyways, they just brushed it off as a "design flaw" and told me that it's not safety related. Needless to say, the dealer's actions completely turned me off to that brand, at least for a little while.
Life is short my man! I say go buy the car that appeals to YOU! There are so many nice cars out there, I want to drive them all if I can.
As the saying goes, everyone has an a$$hole and an opinion.