Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2006, 07:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thot so, thanks.
Old 09-12-2006, 07:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default You're wrong....I found the article: Motor Trend May 2005...

"This car rides better than any M3 on 19-inch wheels we've ever experienced. That's because the new suspension settings are actually softer than those of the regular M3."

link to full article below...that quote is from page 2.<ul><li><a href="http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/sedan/112_0505_2005_bmw_m3_competition/index.html">M3 CS</a></li></ul>
Old 09-12-2006, 08:03 AM
Former Vendor

Default I wouldn't take Motor Trend as gospel...

Also the statement is that the suspension has softer settings. Firstly a softer suspension is not always made with lighter spring rates, this has much more to do with the damper. Possibly they are running less compression, less nose force, an entirely different damper, etc. Secondly the information I have for all M-Sport suspension is higher spring rates, many in the 25% range from already much higher startng points than Audi regularly fits from the factory. We don't keep hard data on cars we don't produce product for, however I bet I can find some if I had to make some calls.

Regardless, the BMW M3, CS, CSL or other acronym has very little to do with spring rates on the RS4 or any B7 chassis. We have the ability to properly design and implement suspension for these vehicles with great results. Again, maybe someday you will be able to have a ride in one with an open mind to enjoy what we can do.

Cheers,
Old 09-12-2006, 08:50 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Oh I don't....and I wouldn't take anything you say as gospel either.

Part of having an open mind is questioning "authority." I have nothing against you or this product, but you inferred that increasing the spring rates was necessary to improve handling in the RS4. Yet BMW made the M3 CS handle better than the base M3 with a softer suspension (whether it's springs, dampers, or both). Obviously the 2 cars (RS4 and M3) have nothing in common, but we're talking basic principles.
Old 09-12-2006, 09:17 AM
Former Vendor

Default STaSIS has been engineering suspension products for Audis for many years...

and we obviously understand basic principles of suspension design. If you want lighter springs in your 3900lbs car you are more than welcome to find a supplier that will provide you with such. From our engineering, testing and real world experience you will gain no handling ability that yields ultimately higher g-force numbers, faster track times or otherwise create anything other than a car with more body roll that rides like a limo. There is science to what we do and why.

<a href="http://www.eurotuner.com/features/0510et_gp2005/index.html">STaSIS wins EuroTuner GP 2005</a>

S4 fitted with STaSIS Motor Sport Suspension running 850/1200 springs (mind you the rear spring rate on this chassis is measured higher at the wheel). The second place car also ran the STaSIS Motor Sport Suspension.

<a href="http://www.world-challenge.com/news/story.php?ID=410">STaSIS Mototsports Wins 2nd Straight WCTC Race</a>

With the most wins of any driver this year Chip Herr drives the STaSIS A4 B7 with very similar suspension components, Ohlins dampers and Hyperco Springs, just as we use in our road going suspension.

Cheers,
Old 09-12-2006, 11:29 AM
Former Vendor

Default It is amazing how two and three times the spring rate, front and rear respectively, can exhibit...

near stock comfort while being much flatter and more controlled. The Ohlins dampers are a major player in making this possible.

Another nice aspect of the suspension is it's ride height adjustability, so you can set the car's height as wanted.

Both cars are great looking, Ajay's has the mean look at that height for sure.

Cheers!
Old 09-12-2006, 11:29 AM
Former Vendor

Default Owner lives near Santa Cruz and does check the forum every now and again

The RS4 in this color is rather stealthy, but a beautiful car indeed!
Old 09-12-2006, 11:35 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: You can never have too many RS4's...

I am the owner of Avus RS4. Have been a "lurker" on this board for a couple of years. Came off a B6 S4 (w/Stasis Tracksport kit) prior to the new ride. I have only driven the car once since install, but initial thoughts are exemplary. No comfort degradation whatsoever from DRC, but with addition of a more "controlled" characteristic. Cornering and turn-in sharpness significantly improved over DRC. I live near Soquel Demonstration State Forest in the Santa Cruz mountains, and drive daily on Old Santa Cruz Highway and HWY 17. As such, my normal driving routes highlight chassis characteristics. Thanks to Alex and Jason for their professional and personalized service.
Old 09-12-2006, 11:39 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

see "doktordyper's" post at beginning of thread......
Old 09-12-2006, 12:27 PM
Former Vendor

Glad to hear you enjoy it on Rt17 and Old Santa Cruz Hwy, fun roads:-)

Quick Reply: You can never have too many RS4's...