Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Johan de Nysschen just sent me an E-mail response re the allroads future...

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 04:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I had that in mind but they picked up again on the 06 models, so let's say it

would make "only" -40 to -50%, it's still significant enough for Audi or any business to throw in the towel.
But hey, no one really complains about Ferrari not making more Enzos ;-)......just kidding

And as Audi would perhaps say "Vorsprung" can not be achieved by standing still, so how can we be sure that the new allroad has enough "Vorsprung" to justify it's arrival in the US? It's simply not fair :-(
I'd still would like to get my hands on a FSI + DSG allroad, darn SUV's are killing us.
Old 03-01-2006, 04:29 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default As for product overlap in a family, Audi need only consider the E, M and G class as well

as the 3, X3, 5, X5 series overlaps as examples within similarly exclusive, limited market segments.
Old 03-01-2006, 05:17 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Obviously by now (if they were not all along) Mr. de Nysschen or a staff member is monitoring the

board. They have got to be curious about us crazy allroad owners. So I will just put my two cents here for them to read.

For me it was very simple - I wanted a powerful, sporty wagon with a 3rd row and a manual transmission. I started shopping the entire universe of vehicles available in the USA and only one met the challenge. I placed my money on deposit in early 2000 for one of the first allroad quattros delivered in the USA.

At this point it is simple - I will not buy another Audi to replace my allroad without this same combination.

I can understand AoA's situation on the Q7 overlapping too close with the new allroad. It is a shame as the allroad is a more logical vehicle for most buyers. I can't understand why many of the SUVs that are sold here even exist but I guess they each have their business case based on some weird passion that the USA has for sitting higher and feeling burly.

What I can't understand is how an enthusiast can't buy a C sized wagon with sporty character. The S6 Avant was almost there, but with no manual trasmission it simply does not exist for some buyers like me. The RS6 Avant did not make it here but a manual trans twin turbo super wagon would be so cool you could bend the business case issue a bit, right?!? At the very minimum why can't a buyer get a C6 A6 Avant with V8 and manual transmission?

So give the Q7 a try. I'm sure it is a great vehicle, but those of use looking for a mean wagon will spend our money in the aftermarket rather than with Audi.
Old 03-01-2006, 06:38 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default you're awright Nappy -- just please stop capitalizing the "a" in allroad

--I think the diesel T-reg would have been cool tho.
Old 03-01-2006, 06:39 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

me too. jeep gr cherokee to allroad.
Old 03-01-2006, 07:03 PM

Amen !!!
Old 03-01-2006, 07:34 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default You know it...

When I get up to 150K on the odometer, I'll probably be looking to pick up a used Volvo V70R. It meets most/all of my criteria, except its a lot faster than an allroad. All that for around $45K new -- shooting for a 3 year old for around $25K...unless Audi comes out with something so cool that I ignore the $$ factor (6-speed RS6 avant!!!).
Old 03-01-2006, 07:41 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Right on the mark
Old 03-01-2006, 07:54 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Yes, yes, yes...ANY C-platform wagon with a 6-sp (hell, even DSG) would be tempting, but the current

offerings do not speak to me & neither does the Q.
Old 03-01-2006, 09:18 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: My correspondence with Mr. de Nysschen

Do you have his email address ? We bought 3 allroad, a 2002 2.7, 2004 4.2 and 2005 2.7 over the last couple of years as company cars and I have to replace mine next year. Unfortunately the Q7 is too big, the X5 too expensive (had one already) and I did not like the M-class I had either - but a new Allroad would be nice, either as TDI or 4.2 although TDI still seems to be problematic in California until they change the type of diesel they sell. So I hope they make it available before the end of the year ...

Quick Reply: Johan de Nysschen just sent me an E-mail response re the allroads future...