A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Much belated post about ACNA / Ronal LVMS event...

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2006, 09:53 AM
RLG
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A few extra? Hell, I'll eat ALL the bread pudding... FOR ME!!!

You remember that scene in Rocky IV, during the fight in Russia, when Drago's trainer tells him to win (ostensibly for Russia), and then Drago gets super pissed off and grabs him and screams out "Ya pobyezhdayu DLYA MENYA!" ("I win FOR ME!!!)?" You remember that scene?

That's what it's going to be like for me with the bread pudding. I'm gonna be like "I eat bread pudding, FOR ME!!!" and then I'm gonna go ape s#!t. People with kids are going to be like "oh honey, get the kids out of here" as I smash bread pudding into my face.

Oh, it's going to be GLORIOUS!!
Old 05-10-2006, 10:26 AM
Craggy Old Man

Default You and Dave(DWP) were flying around the track out there

Don't sell youself short, you were really moving and Dave was putting his car thru its paces out there.

The pics I took of Dave did not come out. And the Video I have(HI-8)I need to send to you to get it on CD so it can be uploaded, or you can up load what you want.

Too bad it was so hot out there, cause we were all heat soaked!!! after 2 laps. I need to get some better IC's and an Oil Cooler.

Was great fun Thursday night, JD Single Barrel is good stuff! : ))but you went to the dark side and started in on the sake and scotch!!.

The Parkers were fun to be with. Dinner at Benihana's and the Hofbrauhaus were great.

Man after auction we still didnt get to our rooms before we hit Margaritaville's! You three(DWP,LadyDWP,Robert wild man) with those 2 gallon cadillac's!

The track was challenging, with so many decreasing radius turns. But was fun when you got to know the layout. Just wished it had some elevation changes. Was nice to have Dave ride with me and the lady Stoner(RS6), along with the 2 Bennett guy. I think 5 or 6 people ended up riding with me. Hope I didn't scare em by my wild driving. You know where I am on the track by the sound of the tires howling! The A6 really puts a hurt on tires up front. You can see me sawing the wheel just before the front straight, because I was pushing so bad and refused to get off the gas. I hope I didnt 'scar' your student for life, out there. You did a good job with him.

Again, you really were moving, while I was behind you , you can see that you have become a very good driver out there, and now a very good instructor. You tore it up.

Dave(DWP) was really good in the turns, he doesnt miss a turn in and has great exit speed in that A4. Its too bad it doesnt have another 100HP, it would be impressive watching him. I had spent one session watching him from the wall.

I will try to get 2 more days outta my RA'1s in the late fall. They are basically slicks now. I don't want to fork up the money for new ones.

Well, it was a great time, and we got to meet your better half at the Hofbrauhaus. Hope the rest of your stay was a good one.

I am truly, the Craggy old man, mister old-n-slow, himself : )
Old 05-10-2006, 10:54 AM
RLG
AudiWorld Super User

Default You're right about it being hot...

Was defintiely hard on the cars.

Power steering pump went out the night we met at the hoffbrauhaus. I guess that makes 4 cars.

How's your CV boot?

Send me the video if you want and I'll digitize it and send it back to you. Check your email for my address.

And dude, you must have been REALLY drunk. We hit margaritaville after the auction, and were at benihana the night <i>before</i>, you lush! After benihana's (and those tasty "chocloate cakes") when we polished off the last of the single barrel, remember? You went into "emergency frequency" mode when I couldn't find the ice machine? MAN you were moving to get the last ice out of that bag (never seen someome move so fast!).

Jeez, I was sooo hammered....
Old 05-10-2006, 11:06 AM
Craggy Old Man

Default LOL you are right it was after the auction , where you dropped some serious cash!!!!

I remember the ice incident. I was in a panic : ), it was all a blur.
Old 05-10-2006, 01:15 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Nice post, sounds like a ton of fun!
Old 05-10-2006, 02:10 PM
RLG
AudiWorld Super User

Thanks GK - yeah, you know - good people, good cars, good booze, good fun!
Old 05-10-2006, 03:30 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Good write up! Ming is fast! Sounds like your fast too! Maybe I can get out there in the fall.
Old 05-10-2006, 10:14 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Dude! Ming has desert crap on the side of the car!

Sweet write-up...I'm up late preparing for our event this weekend. Soooo tired, haven't forgotten you (yet!) ;-)

I'm really looking forward to Laguna next winter!

BTW...I've pimped my ride...
Old 05-10-2006, 10:33 PM
RLG
AudiWorld Super User

Default HA! That's from when we went four-wheeling in search of 100 octane!

It was sweet, kicking up mud all over. His car was so low it was scraping. at one point he sat there at the far side of a construction zone, and I thought he was going to wimp out, but he came through, getting all muddy. It was pretty classic.

I was thinking about you tonight. We had a board meeting and were talking about the streets of willow event coming up, and I was wondering how yours was coming along. Headaches? How's it looking? You're a stud for doing it...

R
Old 05-10-2006, 10:37 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I was really, really stupid for volunteering to do this...

Just kidding...a very, very eye opening experience!

BTW...we had a call regarding our issue with teh "board" last night. I'll have to tell you about it sometime.

Working on a post...man...car looks good...it's doooomed this weekend!

Quick Reply: Much belated post about ACNA / Ronal LVMS event...