Driver Motorsport K04+ dyno results

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2013, 07:21 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driver Motorsport K04+ dyno results

Just gave DM a shot and showing me what they can do with the K04. I've had APR tuning since Stg 1 and never had any issues - no mis-fires and very good fuel trims. There was a local dyno day coming up so I had a chance to get some cheap pulls in and do a back to back comparison. I did baseline runs with APR on Friday afternoon and had them flash me back to stock. Then I flashed the initial DM K04+ file that night and went out to collect some logs early Sat morning. DM turned around a couple of revisions within 30min on Sat morning and I went back to dyno around noon.

Here is the dyno chart with my best baseline run on APR tuning and a good run with DM. My first DM run hit 316WHP but it had some issues (maybe clutch slip) so Bronson thinks it's best to toss that one out. I P-chopped the lines off the chart. My goal was to make this as fair a comparison as possible of what APR's off the shelf tune does compared to what DM can do with some customization. The only hardware difference is a 3bar MAP sensor ($40) that I swapped in 20min. Same dyno, same temp, same tank of gas, just slightly more humid for the DM pulls because it was overcast and we had some light rain. if anything the humidity would have hurt the DM results slightly.

For reference, here are my mods.

S3 K04
S3 injectors
APR HPFP
Eurojet FMIC with turbo discharge and throttle body pipes
BSH intake
BSH catch can
Milltek TBE with hi-flow cat

So...the results: +29WHP, +45TQ

APR K04 - 275WHP, 280TQ
DM K04+ - 304WHP, 325TQ

Name:  APR-DM-K04copy_zpsb6c8e12f.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  46.3 KB

And here's the actual boost from logs of APR and DM. You can see that there is more at work in the DM log than just cranking up the boost. I got 29whp and 45wtq with only 1.5psi additional boost in the mid-range.

Name:  APR-DMboost_zpsaa667594.png
Views: 101
Size:  62.7 KB
Old 10-20-2013, 07:26 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FYI - I drive a MKV Gti but I figured you guys with the same engine would be interested in the results.