Went to High Mountain Classics in Berthoud yesterday

Old 04-12-2012, 08:27 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts
Default Went to High Mountain Classics in Berthoud yesterday

http://www.highmountainclassics.com/

High Mountain Classics is a complete automotive restoration business specializing in the Bugatti. We also work on other French classic and vintage automobiles such as Delahaye, Delage, Voisin and Talbot.
vintage car trio

We handle everything from large-scale projects, such as a complete restoration, to mechanical repair work and specialized machining.

The owner of High Mountain Classics, Jim Stranberg, has 40 years experience with Bugatti restoration and has been in business for over 20 years.

High Mountain Classics produces exceptionally high quality work by employing full time mechanics and a full time machinist. We do take advantage of specialty shops for our paint and upholstery needs.

I have never really seen mechanical brakes before or realized that they were used before hydraulics. Also all the electrical systems for the engine were amazing.

All of these owners race their cars - they were not meant for concurs shows. Things like new gears (which get chewed up from racing) are made by the shop.

I apologize for the bad pictures as these were from my phone. I should have taken the Nikon (but then I would not have an excuse for bad shots)

Eary Fduct

Well used gear box

Last edited by Reggie; 04-12-2012 at 10:34 AM.