A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Audi A6 C5 - Allroad Skid Plates!

Old 01-27-2010, 10:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi A6 C5 - Allroad Skid Plates!

Evolution Imports Skid Plates - Coming soon! New aluminum skid plates available for the 1999-04 C5 Audi A6 2.8/2.7t/3.0/4.2 and Allroad 2.7/4.2 (All engines available) Group buy soon to be available for the A6 and Allroads.

These skid plates are a real plus for Allroads and lowered A6 as they offer 10X better protection against OEM Plastic. Owner is starting to design these for the A6 community as they are available for A3, A4, Passats, VW but not the A6 yet.

Retail: $ 249.00 (Group Buys get $ 25.00 off so $ 224.00)

Here a few key features:

- The plate is non-rust 5052 Hi-Grade Aluminum and is 4.8mm (.191 inches) thick.

- Protects your cars oil pan, a/c pump, radiator & transmission.

- Bolts to you vehicle in five locations with a 45 to 60 minute install.

- Once the plate is installed it is only 5 bolts that need to be removed for your oil change(1-2minutes).

- Fits all engines and transmissions.

- Maximum amount of ground clearance possible provided.

- Air duct to allow air flow around transmission.

Specially designed so you won’t have to worry about air forcing your plastic tire well lining back and into your tires. Designed, tested and proven by EVOLUTION IMPORT INC. Shipped to your door step in a box as a complete kit. No other attachments need to be purchased.

** Shipping calculated to usually stay under $ 30.00
West Coast was quoted at $19.05 - East Coast $21.89

Draft/Design by: I&J Drafting.

CNC Machine Manufactured.

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED, PLEASE SAY SO HERE SO OWNER CAN HAVE A NEAR ESTIMATE ON HOW MANY TO MACHINE!
Old 01-27-2010, 10:16 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 74 Posts

Hmm...it only takes me a couple minutes or so to take out the existing 10 fasteners...including the four (two in each wheel well for the fender liners). I'd be interested in seeing where the five fasteners fasten, so to speak.

I do like the idea of an aluminum skid plate; I just don't know about the fender liner to current belly pan issue.
Old 01-27-2010, 10:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

It's great in my opionion. It even has the option to cut the plate to expose the oil drain plug to do quick oil changes without taking to whole thing off. They dont recommend it buttt its has outlines and I think its pre-cut to help you cut the plate if you wanna do the oil drain option.

Overall, I think this is a must for Allroads because if people are taking them off-road they dont wanna damage oil pans, tranny pans or anything else. Also those how lowered their A6 is also a must. But even OEM height A6 should have it because I just recently hit my transmission pan, causing damage to filter. Now its getting flushed again, new filter, pan, gasket and whole kit.
Old 01-27-2010, 12:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

I'll have to talk to my Indie about it to see if he'll charge any extra labor when doing oil changes and stuff. I may be interested since I think the OEM plastic thing either has a couple broken fasterns or is it's self starting to break since it hangs down a tiny bit near the wheels. It's not touching the ground but kinda looks crappy from a distance when walking towards the car.

Either way, take this as at least "I would like to see this option being made for A6 users (2002 owner here)"
Old 01-27-2010, 01:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm interested just as a replacement for the oem plastic piece. They are way to easy to break, and mine is currently missing and I'm not keen on paying 200+ for a big piece of plastic and all the fasteners.
Old 01-27-2010, 01:36 PM
AudiWorld Super User

LOL...my E46 M3 has a steel skid plate with the drain hole waaaaay back (L6) and this iddy-biddy metric hex drain plug. Covered up with a little plastic cover with clips.

Would be interesting to see if a spare E46 drain plug cover would fit...the hole would have to be cut to the E46 config.

Alternatively, the plate that's cut out could have a couple tabs tigged on and drilled for attachment.
Old 01-27-2010, 01:37 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Yeh...those fasteners...some of them list for like $4 at the stealer!!!
Old 01-27-2010, 01:38 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Wow, up to $200??? Last one I bought was considerably less. Aluminum is definitely in play now!
Old 01-27-2010, 02:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Lemme know if you officially make up you mind on purchasing these, please PM me so the owner can have an idear as how many to make. But, its a great deal
Old 01-28-2010, 01:52 PM
AudiWorld Super User

How does the plastic wheel well liner fit up to this aluminum skid plate.

Does it bolt to the skid plate like the factory belly pan?

What stops the wheel liner from blowing into the wheel at speed if it's not fastened to the aluminum belly pan?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Audi A6 C5 - Allroad Skid Plates!