S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

REVO ECU for b8 s4

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 03:19 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tribe
You should be thankful to REVO for coming out with a better stage 1 tune than APR. That made APR scramble to get a v2.0 out so you guys can have at least the same...

As to the hardware, there are other companies making as good or even better exhausts and intakes than APR so good for all of us.
If APR would be the only game in town it would be great!! lol only one taste of koolaid at the price they want to charge us.

Competition is good. Don't be afraid, you will still be able to buy all your stuff APR, even your clothes
I'm totally with you on that one. Make no mistake. I even addressed that (in effect) later in the thread. I just know what I'd do if voting with my $1000-1500 dollars for software...fund the program. The #1 tuner for the B6/7 S4 and RS4 is JHM by a football field. So, it's easy to pick them, and they're also the only guys developing products in a full system for the cars. However the B6/7 community also buys maintenance parts (oil, filters, belts etc.) through JHM to help support the company that supports the 4.2. I just would assume 3.0 guys would see the bigger picture and do the same.
Old 01-20-2012, 03:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by BaLLZDeePNYC
ye AWE dyno day had some people upset.... APR 2.0 software didnt put down what was expected even with all APR upgrades but Arin and the guys at APR already are looking into it. REVO car seemed to fair well too. No GIAC cars from what I heard
Psy's right, my car experienced cylinder misfires, so likely it's impacting my Stage 2 dyno results.

WRT the GIAC car, I took a ride in AWE's test car. I was focusing on the sound of the AWE exhaust, but that GIAC 93 beta tuned car pulled!! Butt dyno was very happy. Better than Apr Stage 2? Hard to say as I wasn't focused on it. All I remember was being very impressed.
Old 01-20-2012, 04:16 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

APR stage II is faster than REVO stage I ? SURE. I was comparing stage 1 to stage 1 v1.0

I know that an APR stage 1 beat everyone at the AWE dyno day but that day nothing normal happened

Peace
Old 01-20-2012, 04:24 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by primetime
Sure I'll shoot you a PM in a minute... Also, sorry I was heading to a meeting and made my reply quickly and as I re-read it I sounded kind of like a dick which wasn't my intent...
Paypal sent (thumsup)

Don't worry, I don't fight for real here. Plus you guys know a lot more than me about this stuff
Old 01-20-2012, 10:16 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by sakimano
I'm totally with you on that one. Make no mistake. I even addressed that (in effect) later in the thread. I just know what I'd do if voting with my $1000-1500 dollars for software...fund the program. The #1 tuner for the B6/7 S4 and RS4 is JHM by a football field. So, it's easy to pick them, and they're also the only guys developing products in a full system for the cars. However the B6/7 community also buys maintenance parts (oil, filters, belts etc.) through JHM to help support the company that supports the 4.2. I just would assume 3.0 guys would see the bigger picture and do the same.
I will speak for myself when I say i am waiting for several things from APR:
1. On-site dealer unlocking and flash in Canada or the PNW
2. A price drop to be more in line with the other guys - $1500 all in for stage 2 including program switch would be great.
3. Version 2 of the tune - this can wait as long as I could 1&2.

But really, I am not back on N. American soil for another 2.5 months so both APR and Revo have time to fight it out some more.
Old 01-21-2012, 04:33 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by tribe
Paypal sent (thumsup)

Don't worry, I don't fight for real here. Plus you guys know a lot more than me about this stuff
Thanks! Packaged... will ship this morning... I'll shoot you the information... Thanks again... Post pics and impressions please... I'm not the most knowledagble either but I do enjoy learning

APR has been GREAT to work with for me and they have gone above and beyond in trying to help improve my times... I think they will continue to help support my efforts...
Old 01-22-2012, 06:22 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I would mostly agree with Saki - there isn't really enough data to know whether or not there is a clear winner between Revo stg 1 v APR stg 1. My car feels plenty faster, but I've not driven an APR car and everyone knows how subjective the butt-dyno is.

My $0.02 is to wait for the dyno results and then pick whatever you feel is the best for the mods you're interested in running. Support whoever you want to - maybe APR has the most to invest in our car's future, but they'll be faster to do it at lower costs if they have Revo and GIAC putting pressure on them. At the end of the day, competition is best for the consumer.

I for one will be contributing some numbers in about a month or so:

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...Bethel-CT-(EFI)
Old 01-23-2012, 12:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by sakimano
I just would assume 3.0 guys would see the bigger picture and do the same.
There's a bigger picture than just who's supporting the current platform to the max. I've had GIAC on my B5 A4, then APR on the same B5, APR on B6 and APR on my A3. I am leaning towards REVO because, honestly, I wasn't overly impressed with APRs end-product (compared to GIAC and a REVO trial). I buy the best product for my needs at any given time.

I also take issue with those who imply that APR is the only 'safe' tune. I had numerous issues on all my previous cars, with APR, related to boost and vacuum leaks, CELs etc. That's part and parcel of any tune so I'd say the minute you've crossed the line from factory tune to aftermarket, you should expect some issues.

And for the guys who jump in to defend APR and promote their products at every turn, seriously, is that necessary? I think APR is quite good at defending themselves on the forums. As much as I respect the knowledge of some of you guys, I can't help but wonder if APR is throwing some preferred-customer rates towards you.

Sorry for the rant. Been around the block for a long time, I just know that every tuner has something positive to contribute, and this public mud-slinging is just sooo unprofessional.

Last edited by GolfGL; 01-23-2012 at 12:39 PM.
Old 01-23-2012, 01:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ImprobabilityDrive
Agreed, I think 1/4 times are more relevant in real world. I just posted the dyno graph because it seemed more relevant to OP's question.

I ran a 13.14 @ 104 stock, and with the tune the best I could do was 12.89 @ 108. Conditions were pretty similar both days, but with the tune my launch control isn't working properly, so I royally screwed up the launch on just about every run (1.9 and higher 60 ft all day, vs 1.7 when stock). I couldn't get it right and as the day got warmer the times just got slower. The 4mph increase in trap speed was consistent and that made me happy. I think when LC is fixed it should do another tenth or two quicker (or if I can practice the non-LC method and get it down well enough). This is on 91 oct.

For now I think APR stage 2 is still king of the hill, that extra torque down low makes a big difference. For reference, on the day that I ran 13.14 @ 104 stock, there was a stage 2 car there (on 100 oct) running consistent 12/2 @ 112.
Just saw your post on the 1/4 mile thread at AZ. Are you planning to head out on 2/4 as well? I was hoping to go test out APR's v2.0 but am waiting until it's offered through the APR dealer network on site. =)
Old 01-23-2012, 08:21 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by asm777
Just saw your post on the 1/4 mile thread at AZ. Are you planning to head out on 2/4 as well? I was hoping to go test out APR's v2.0 but am waiting until it's offered through the APR dealer network on site. =)
I'm hoping to go, not 100% sure yet. You should go, would be fun to do a 100 oct matchup!

Quick Reply: REVO ECU for b8 s4