Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Recall: Loss of Electric Power Steering Assist

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2015, 03:15 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Recall: Loss of Electric Power Steering Assist

First I heard of this, but got the following email today from NHTSA (I checked my VIN and my car is not involved):

************************************************** ************************************************** ******************

U.S. DOT National Highway Traffic Safety Administration <donotreplyodi@dot.gov> Unsubscribe
5:00 AM (2 hours ago)

to me
Your vehicle may be involved in a safety recall and may create a safety risk for you or your passengers. Safety defects must be repaired by a certified dealer at no cost to you. However, if left unrepaired, a potential safety defect in your vehicle could lead to injury or even death. Read this entire email to find out more and learn what you should do next.

What is a recall?
When a manufacturer or the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) determines that a car or item of motor vehicle equipment creates an unreasonable risk to safety or fails to meet minimum safety standards, the manufacturer is required to fix that car or equipment at no cost to the consumer. That can be done by repairing it, replacing it, offering a refund (for equipment) or, in rare cases, repurchasing the car.

Why am I getting this email?
You are receiving this message because you requested to be notified by NHTSA if there is a safety recall affecting your vehicle.

The following recall may apply to one or more of your vehicles. Click on the NHTSA Campaign ID number below to read more about the safety issue and the reason for the recall.

To find out if your vehicle is included in the recall, use our VIN Look-up Tool.

https://vinrcl.safercar.gov/vin/

NHTSA Campaign ID Number : 15V452
Manufacturer : Volkswagen Group of America, Inc.
Make / Model Years : AUDI / 2014-2015
Subject : Loss of Electric Power Steering Assist
What should I do if my vehicle is included in this recall?
If your vehicle is included in this recall, it is very important that you get it fixed as soon as possible given the potential danger to you and your passengers if it is not addressed. You should receive a separate letter in the mail from the vehicle manufacturer, notifying you of the recall and explaining when the remedy will be available, whom to contact to repair your vehicle or equipment, and to remind you that the repair will be done at no charge to you. If you believe your vehicle is included in the recall, but you do not receive a letter in the mail from the vehicle manufacturer, please call NHTSA's Vehicle Safety Hotline at 888-327-4236 or contact your vehicle manufacturer or dealership.
Old 07-28-2015, 08:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Neither is mine - have the same car as you.
Old 07-28-2015, 10:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Typed my VIN in and nothing came up for me either.
Old 07-28-2015, 06:08 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 93 Likes on 43 Posts

I wouldn't necessarily rely on the VIN lookup site. It's not unusual for it not to have the latest info. Rely on a letter from AOA if you get one. They are required to also send a letter if your VIN qualifies.
Old 07-28-2015, 06:23 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

This is for the 2014-2015 SQ5.

You can search by the ID Number "15V452" here:

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/owners/...argetCategory=

and click the "Recalls" check box.