Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Annoying noises in the car

Old 10-06-2013, 11:58 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Annoying noises in the car

Hi,
I'm a new owner of the Audi A6 C7. It's a great car, but I have a very sensitive hearing and some noises annoy me. I wanted to confirm if they are standard, or maybe it's just that my car has some components that I should have replaced.

1. High pitched noise from the head unit (cd slot-in/SD card area). It's very faint, but I can hear it when the engine is off.

2. The heater blower/AC makes annoying noise when on 1st or 2nd gear. It's not the typical 'air-flow' sound, rather like a bad transistor or small engine whine.

3. The xenon lights make high-pitched noise when warming up (mainly).

4. There is quite a bit of wind noise since more or less 50-60 mph. Is that standard in this car or should something be checked/fixed?

Thanks in advance for feedback!
Old 10-06-2013, 07:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default do you have OCD?

Originally Posted by tadziak
Hi,
I'm a new owner of the Audi A6 C7. It's a great car, but I have a very sensitive hearing and some noises annoy me. I wanted to confirm if they are standard, or maybe it's just that my car has some components that I should have replaced.

1. High pitched noise from the head unit (cd slot-in/SD card area). It's very faint, but I can hear it when the engine is off.

2. The heater blower/AC makes annoying noise when on 1st or 2nd gear. It's not the typical 'air-flow' sound, rather like a bad transistor or small engine whine.

4. There is quite a bit of wind noise since more or less 50-60 mph. Is that standard in this car or should something be checked/fixed?

Do you have an obsessive compulsive disorder?
Old 10-06-2013, 08:37 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

These guys may be able to help

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/BMPcuZZgmtE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 10-07-2013, 07:39 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thank you for your valuable, friendly feedback!
Old 10-07-2013, 10:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi,

Hello and welcome. My last hearing test the audiologist asked me if I sleep well. I said fine. I asked why. He stated I could probably hear the grass growing! I can tell you that I hear the lights igniting on all my cars, BMW,Benz and GM. I would say "normal". My car has no odd electrical noise from the head unit, maybe a little from the hard drive booting,normal, the air/fan seems normal too. However, the wind noise is a problem on mine. I blame the dealer for this, not Audi as they installed a new window track and now the car has more wind noise. I will be going to a new dealer to remedy this. I will say that the passenger side seems to have noise from the mirror. I tried blowing low pressure air near and around the rear mirror assy. and can hear noise by the directional light insert and the drain hole. When the weather clears I will tape up these areas for a test drive and report back.
Old 10-07-2013, 11:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thank you for your valuable, friendly feedback!
Were you serious about your post though? Just wasn't sure. Did not mean to offend if u took it that way. Cheers!
Old 10-07-2013, 11:25 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by goethe6889
Were you serious about your post though? Just wasn't sure. Did not mean to offend if u took it that way. Cheers!
Naah, it's okay I was a bit upset, because for me those were really some 'issues' I spent a lot of money on the new car that I will be paying off for the next 3 years and in some ways it seems more noisy than my VW CC (wind noise around mirros). In general I hate noise and if something is my car only specific then I will complain about it. If it's a common feature for this model then I will just have to live with it
Old 10-07-2013, 11:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Perfectly understandable. =o) Welcome to the forum, am new here as well.
Old 10-07-2013, 11:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by goethe6889
Do you have an obsessive compulsive disorder?
fyi, i do have OCD when i first have the car. I wouldn't park in jam packed area. i would look for the most minor scratches and try fixing it..but most of the time, i put more scratches trying to fix it..... until today, i still have OCD, but not to that extend.
Old 10-07-2013, 11:49 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Naah, it's okay I was a bit upset, because for me those were really some 'issues' I spent a lot of money on the new car that I will be paying off for the next 3 years and in some ways it seems more noisy than my VW CC (wind noise around mirros). In general I hate noise and if something is my car only specific then I will complain about it. If it's a common feature for this model then I will just have to live with it
That is what your friendly dealership is for. Or the salesperson who sold you the car. They will be the first 2 to raise your concerns. Nothing we can do here except to offer suggestions (like this one) and moral support. Good luck.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Annoying noises in the car