50K service in LA (Valley...Sherman Oaks/Studio City area)???

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 09:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the advice.. if you read my message you'll know I already did that.
Old 03-07-2006, 09:32 AM
Former Vendor

xlnt
Old 03-07-2006, 10:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default You must be kidding, look around all the new car dealership, they all

put their money into making any potential buyer feels comfortable, making the buying experience pleasurable!
just to give you a few examples, BMW dealers, Mercedes dealerships are so nice, the envoirments!

Now when it comes to service department, you got to go check out the Mercedes Dealership in West Covina, on sat they have a chef fixing breakfast for their client, fresh warm omelet! why? because they want their clients feel comfortable and come back to them! the fact to the matter is not all the cars go into the dealership for free service, a good majority of them do pay from their pocket!

Your Statement "WMS has made it very easy to see where to spend my money", to my best understanding, i think you better off buy a used car from any auction house or any used car lot without any tent, no money invest into it, so your well earned money goes right back into the car! is my assumsion somewhat correct to the statement you made?

Bottomline is I have been to Wicked Motorsports, they are very professional, knows whats going on with the car, can repair instead of replaced suggested by the dealership at a very competitive pricing! and they make you feel very comfortable when you car is in service! Thats the key element to keep existing clients!
Old 03-07-2006, 10:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default well on this very sensitive topic and possibly biased (sig)...

I heard nothing but good things about the experience level of the folks at IW - that is all.

As for WMS - this is not just an Audi/VW mechanic shop; all the guys there have Audis/VWs love the cars, go to every meet and event they can go to; active on the boards; have a big following; are constantly working on the next big thing, best thing etc. They understand that what it means to be customer because they all were customers at some point; now that they are on the other side, doing the service; they are returning A LOT back to the customers. They create a comfortable atmosphere for the customer. They often get caught up in too much conversation with the customer because they are enthusiasts; they extend their hours if needed; HECK they work on customer cars on most Sundays.

As most shops they are all in it to make a living , but the feeling I always get at WMS is that they want you to be happy driving your pile whatever it maybe.

Give WMS a chance and they WILL come through for you.
Old 03-07-2006, 10:37 AM

Humm.. that's odd, IW does the same for me and I don't get berating comments from them.
Old 03-07-2006, 10:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

i was just repling your *Comment*, That is all!
Old 03-07-2006, 10:52 AM

Default Once again, Mike G...

I do not post on behalf of Mike Rooney. However, my occupation provides me the time to monitor these forums often. If I see something that would be of interest to Ingolstadt West as an advertiser here I will sometimes take a moment to let him know about it. Furthermore I field inquiries about the performance enhancement portion of the business and coordinate the relationships in that regard. I have no vested interest in Ingolstadt West at this point, nor do I wish ill upon Wicked Motorsports or you personally.

To my knowledge, Mike Rooney has never had a negative word to say about you or your new establishment. He has merely pointed out that his shop and his services are focused differently than your own, and offered counterpoints to those of your convenient little minion. You are a self-aggrandizing person that slams things together in an effort to make "mad power". If you really believe that you "taught" Mike to install turbos on anything, you are absolutely delusional. He's been working on turbo charged cars for longer than you or I have been alive, and that certainly includes swapping turbo chargers. You offered your assistance and it was accepted on my say so because at the time I hadn't realized what your motivations had been. Mike and Kevan didn't need your help, but allowed it as a cost saving favor to me. Lets not forget that you also brought cars over to IW for simple brake jobs at the same time because you weren't comfortable doing them yourself. Nothing you do is done out of friendship but you are very, very good at making people believe so for as long as it takes to get their business and their money. I was your customer. You took advantage of my generosity and my trust. We haven't seen eye to eye since, and I admit that. Let's not forget that I found Mike Rooney and Ingolstadt West in the first place because I grew tired of you telling me that my expensive Level10 transmission was "supposed" to leak, or that it wasn't actually leaking. There is no better way to make me angry than to trat me as if I am stupid. You did that with regularity.

I have kept a lot of things quiet in an effort not to create contraversy about your business practices or your skills.

It's enough, Mike. I suggest that you take a step back and evaluate your responses. You are not behaving as the professional that you can be, and that might just provoke more than a few disclosures that you would prefer to avoid. The choice is yours.
Old 03-07-2006, 11:04 AM
Former Vendor

Default why did one of IWs tech ( Grant ) say that you were posting for them ?

not that I care but its funny that both handles post within 2min of each other ?

Grant told Ali's brother everything

as for IW , I never said anything wrong about them , I went there and walked them through the job and if you want I still have your old email and I can post it if you want !
Old 03-07-2006, 11:21 AM
Former Vendor

Default haha at the end of the day you'll be the internet tough guy but I'll drop it cuz I

don't have the time to chat since there are 24 cars at my shop . as for IW I have nothing bad to say about the guys , Mike , Kevin and Jose are good guys and I like them alot . I'll try to stop by their shop this week or I'll send them some lunch on WMS for all this drama crap .
Old 03-07-2006, 11:25 AM

Default And again...

If you think that someone who has spent more than thirty years working on Pike's Peak challenge Audi vehicles, and Porsches before that, here and in Germany needs you to teach him how to change a set of turbochargers, you are absolutely crazy.

As for Grant... He answers telephones and handles much of the back office. He's a great kid who is learning a lot at age seventeen. (We all learned somewhere, didn't we? You did it on your garage floor, using everyone else's cars.) He isn't aware of the business relationships (or lack thereof) that exist between myself and Ingolstadt West. Regardless of what he told Ali's brother, he is not in a position to know.
I do coordinate things between Ingolstatdt West and APR. I do field the majority of performance enhancement inquiries that come to IW via thae internet, but I do it because they are friends, and I quite like having a great resource literally around the corner from my home. Beyond that, I am just like any other customer. I don't speak for Mike Rooney or Ingolstadt West in any other way.

Quick Reply: 50K service in LA (Valley...Sherman Oaks/Studio City area)???