Audio, Video and Security Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Paging avincar...install pending...

Old 04-09-2007, 09:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paging avincar...install pending...

I have done some searches, and came up with some useful information, but wanted to get some more feedback. I have an B7 A4 with RNS-E nav, and I want to install MB Quart speakers with JL amps. I still don't have a sub, but I was thinking about getting a JL 10w6 or 10w7. My biggest concern is getting the cleanest line-level signal from the HU. I wasn't sure if a harness has been manufactured for the line-level signal. I was also thinking about adding some sound dampening as long as I am ripping the interior apart, probably Dynamat. I am also going to try to get a harness made to get an Ice-Link adapter harness built to work with my nav unit. I wasn't sure about the best way to go about this because I wanted to have video displayed on my nav screen. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated...from anyone.
Old 04-10-2007, 08:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Matt, back in CT yet?

You know I build the line-level out harnesses for the RNSE, right?

As for video options for the Ipod and RNSE, see this thread.

Drop me an email if you need anything else.

-Ted<ul><li><a href="http://www.navplus.us/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5737">ipod video via RNSE....</a></li></ul>
Old 04-10-2007, 10:15 AM

Default OK, here's my advice - remember, you haven't paid for it.

...so don't take it the wrong way is all.

1. JL amps are way overrated for SQ, and overpriced thereby. They are not a mistake, but they are not a good ROI.

2. MB Quart just flat out doesn't sound good after you've listened for 15 minutes. I strongly suggest going with silk domes. Morel, DLS, Hertz, Alpine X, or the like.

3. Get a harness from Teddy. Best way. That way you can add in DICE CDC, force the HU into Bose mode, etc. He knows what you need.

Other than that I have no opinions
Old 04-10-2007, 10:59 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I would not use Dynamat. Way overpriced.

Look into Cascade. Their stuff is way cheaper than Dynamat. You can also look into Raammat which is even cheaper than Cascade. Just make sure you use a butyl based material and not an asphalt based material.
Old 04-10-2007, 11:16 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I can give you an opinion on MB Quarts.

If you're going to be using the RNS-E (which has no processing capability) and mounting the speakers in the stock locations, don't go with MB Quart. The tweeter is just way to bright to mount that high up on the door. You need to do some extensive tuning with EQs and play with crossover frequencies to get it to sound decent at the mounting point. Also, MB Quart mids have absolutely no midbass. I have since removed my MB Quart mids and replaced them with old Kicker Resolution Mids. The midrange is not as clean as the Quarts but the midbass is much better.