S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

If you had to do it over again... (Options)

Old 10-06-2013, 05:12 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If you had to do it over again... (Options)

Hi guys, first post...

Looking to pick up an S4 in the next 4-6 weeks, depending on how fast I can unload my Ford Raptor for the right price... Currently in the fun, but agonizing stage of choosing a new car, and pouring over the options.

I'm about 90% set on the S4 at this point, as I basically want the fastest, most fun sports sedan I can get my hands on. It was between this, or the (you already know) the 335xi. Both similar price once you option them out, but the appeal of so fewer Audi's on the road has me leaning towards the S4. In SoCal, the 3-series is as popular as a Ford Focus.

My question:

Those with newer model S4's, if you were to purchase again, are there any options you WISH you had purchased, but didn't? Or on the flipside, options you thought you wanted, but in the end don't have any use for them or wouldn't add a second time around?

Obviously, with this car approaching the mid 60's optioned out, I want to get all I can but AVOID options that I may end up just having no use for down the road... my wife is already going to be a bit tweaked if I spend 60K, haha.

Any insight would be helpful! I can't help buy build it online with every damn option added. haha.

Matt
Old 10-06-2013, 08:16 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 279 Likes on 213 Posts

I would have gotten Estoril Blue instead of Moonlight blue.
Old 10-06-2013, 09:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

I too would have gone with the Estoril Blue. As for options, I'm not sure if I would get leather again. Very glad I got the sports diff and the manual transmission.
Old 10-06-2013, 10:46 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Go with the S4
Old 10-06-2013, 10:48 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

DO not get an automatic though mainly because 1 their boring to drive, and 2 their much slower.. a buddy of mine has the 7spd and got stomped on by a car or 2 last night
Old 10-07-2013, 02:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

I'm very pleased with the Napa leather seats, adaptive suspension and sport differential. For me, well worth the extra cost.

Nice to have options I could live without...carbon fiber trim and 19 inch wheels

Last edited by GRMick; 10-07-2013 at 03:13 AM.
Old 10-07-2013, 03:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Actually, I would option it exactly as I bought it off the dealer lot. I like the leather and love the sport diff and adaptive damping. I originally wanted Carbon Fiber trim but had to settle for stainless steel. I have come to really appreciate the stainless still with piano black around gauges now, and since it is no longer offered I am really glad I have it.

I also like Estoril but have read too much about maintenance difficulties / swirling so I would just pick another color. Similarly, I skipped adaptive cruise because I have read it is not ready for prime time yet and that you have adaptive cruise or regular cruise, not both (once you get it you are stuck with it). I'd like to have adaptive cruise that works well for long highway drives (doesn't leave large gaps or jump on brakes when someone cuts you off) but think it is a few years away,
Old 10-07-2013, 03:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Tmarks91
DO not get an automatic though mainly because 1 their boring to drive, and 2 their much slower.. a buddy of mine has the 7spd and got stomped on by a car or 2 last night
It is well established that DSGs are not slower than manuals. It is the opposite. I can appreciate the idea of having a manual, but at least get the facts straight. Perhaps your buddy sucks at driving and is still better off in the DSG because he wouldn't be able to drive the manual.
Old 10-07-2013, 05:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by BlueSVT
Hi guys, first post...

Looking to pick up an S4 in the next 4-6 weeks, depending on how fast I can unload my Ford Raptor for the right price... Currently in the fun, but agonizing stage of choosing a new car, and pouring over the options.

I'm about 90% set on the S4 at this point, as I basically want the fastest, most fun sports sedan I can get my hands on. It was between this, or the (you already know) the 335xi. Both similar price once you option them out, but the appeal of so fewer Audi's on the road has me leaning towards the S4. In SoCal, the 3-series is as popular as a Ford Focus.

My question:

Those with newer model S4's, if you were to purchase again, are there any options you WISH you had purchased, but didn't? Or on the flipside, options you thought you wanted, but in the end don't have any use for them or wouldn't add a second time around?

Obviously, with this car approaching the mid 60's optioned out, I want to get all I can but AVOID options that I may end up just having no use for down the road... my wife is already going to be a bit tweaked if I spend 60K, haha.

Any insight would be helpful! I can't help buy build it online with every damn option added. haha.

Matt
The only thing I probably would change is my color choice. The ibis white is so hard to keep clean. Maybe the advanced key but that comes standard now.
Old 10-07-2013, 05:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Really a matter of taste--in my opinion there are really just three must have features...MMI....sports diff...B&0.

The rest is very tast/preference specific.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: If you had to do it over again... (Options)