S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

Picked up my new S6 Yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2013, 05:44 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Picked up my new S6 Yesterday

After the excruciatingly long wait since ordering it in July, I picked her up yesterday. Oolong grey, lunar silver interior, carbon fiber, 20's and driver assistance. She is beautiful! I am super excited.

But I'm also PISSED. 40 miles on it and the check engine light goes on. I haven't done anything but drive her nicely home from the dealer and out to lunch. This is my first Audi and this is NOT a good start.

Dealer said if it didn't reset overnight they need to take a look. It didn't reset over night so I'm going to drop it off shortly. I sure hope this is not an indication of things to come.
Old 11-07-2013, 05:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jsas
After the excruciatingly long wait since ordering it in July, I picked her up yesterday. Oolong grey, lunar silver interior, carbon fiber, 20's and driver assistance. She is beautiful! I am super excited.

But I'm also PISSED. 40 miles on it and the check engine light goes on. I haven't done anything but drive her nicely home from the dealer and out to lunch. This is my first Audi and this is NOT a good start.

Dealer said if it didn't reset overnight they need to take a look. It didn't reset over night so I'm going to drop it off shortly. I sure hope this is not an indication of things to come.
you can turn the car on and off 3 times if it I doesn't reset then there is no reason to wait over night, I suggest getting a vag com or looking up a local meet for some one to scan such things for you.

I never had a cel on mine yet, but they do happen and it is better they find a faulty something early on with the car.
Old 11-07-2013, 06:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by sciblades
you can turn the car on and off 3 times if it I doesn't reset then there is no reason to wait over night,
Unless the CEL is related to the gas cap not being on properly in which case that needs to be addressed first then the CEL will eventually go away (speaking from experience)
Old 11-07-2013, 11:56 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks for the input. The CEL went away this morning on the way to the dealer. Hasn't come back on yet. Fingers crossed...
Old 11-07-2013, 01:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Where are the pictures?
Old 11-07-2013, 02:29 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

I think the Check Engine Light came on simply because your car was saying:

"Hey!!! You just got a new car with a sick-as-hell engine. Check out that engine. Seriously... Just look at it. It's so awesome and badass."
Old 11-07-2013, 03:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

I've had my car since last Saturday and I still haven't opened the hood. Better do that tonight!
Old 11-08-2013, 04:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default engine cover

Originally Posted by MalibuCANE
I've had my car since last Saturday and I still haven't opened the hood. Better do that tonight!
Just remember to replace the engine cover it you remove it...my boys advised that the paint on the hood would appreciate it.

But this is what awesome looks like:

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/alb...ctureid=241735
Old 11-08-2013, 11:51 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by subterFUSE
I think the Check Engine Light came on simply because your car was saying:

"Hey!!! You just got a new car with a sick-as-hell engine. Check out that engine. Seriously... Just look at it. It's so awesome and badass."
Ha! I am sure that is exactly what's going on

Glad to hear everything is going better for you.

Be sure to check us out for all your Audi needs!
Old 11-11-2013, 06:44 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Well, after about a week of driving it - I have to say the car is even more badass that I thought. The check engine light hasn't come on again thankfully.

I took it up to ski this weekend and performance was awesome. This car makes me want to take the long, windy, back way everywhere I go.

I had blizzaks and clear bra put on last week and I'm having it tinted today. After I get it tinted and washed a photo shoot is definitely in order…pictures to follow.

Quick Reply: Picked up my new S6 Yesterday