Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Weathertech Cargo Liner

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2014, 08:28 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No problem!
Old 01-17-2014, 09:54 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BLAUDIOOOO
I don't own a cargo mat just yet, but most of them have an outline that you can cut out to allow access to the hooks.
Both the Weathertech and the Audi trunk/boot liner have these cut-outs for the hooks. Personally, the Audi brand and the Weathertech are the only two options I would even consider, both are very high quality and fit perfectly.
Old 01-17-2014, 11:22 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Jake-AudiUSAParts
Both the Weathertech and the Audi trunk/boot liner have these cut-outs for the hooks. Personally, the Audi brand and the Weathertech are the only two options I would even consider, both are very high quality and fit perfectly.
Those are the primary ones that I'm considering also. Does anyone have reasons for/against either the Audi brand or the weather tech liner?
Old 01-17-2014, 12:01 PM
Banned

Those are the primary ones that I'm considering also. Does anyone have reasons for/against either the Audi brand or the weather tech liner?
Admittedly, I am biased as we only sell the Audi option but it is a great product at a great price. Check it out HERE.
Old 01-17-2014, 01:08 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks for the link, can you tell me if there is a lip on the Audi mat similar to the one on the weather tech one? From looking at the link, it appears that it doesn't, but I can't tell for sure.
Old 01-17-2014, 08:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Jake-AudiUSAParts
I have the black weathertech and did exactly that. As soon as I received it I cut out the space for the hooks. Very easy to do. I've had many weathertech mats over the years and they have suited me well. I'm happy with the purchase.
Old 01-18-2014, 03:07 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Thanks for the link, can you tell me if there is a lip on the Audi mat similar to the one on the weather tech one? From looking at the link, it appears that it doesn't, but I can't tell for sure.
I believe it does as the dimensions from the Audi USA website list it as:
Product Attributes
Weight (lb) - 1.32
Dimensions (L x W x H in) - 45.28 x 41.10 x 1.97

I'm guessing this mat just recently became available because when I picked up my car in Aug., I was supposed to get one of these as part of the deal; however at that time my SA told me that Audi had switched to a much cheaper foam mat (part # 4G5061160) vs the nice rubberized one I'd had in my C6, and he didn't think I'd be happy with the foam one. Anyway, glad to see the new "all-weather" mat is now available...will have to contact my dealer to pick mine up. I was very happy with the one I had in my C6.
Old 01-18-2014, 08:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

If you order floor mats along with the Cargo Mat, shipping is still only $18 for everything. Front mats are great and fit perfectly--I got the standard ones, not the ones with the big lip all around.
Old 01-18-2014, 02:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

I bought the OEM one. At the time of placing the order, there was one trunk liner in the Vancouver for all of Canada. I quickly grabbed it. The quote I got from Weathertech is $156 + shipping. This was directly from their website. The dealer list for OEM was $16x.xx but I got some discount so it was a no brainer.

This is what it looks like. I'm happy with the quality, fit is spot on, and the lip rises up so any spills are contained. As an added bonus, it says "A6" on the mat
Attached Images  
Old 01-18-2014, 02:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Superfly_A6
I bought the OEM one. At the time of placing the order, there was one trunk liner in the Vancouver for all of Canada. I quickly grabbed it. The quote I got from Weathertech is $156 + shipping. This was directly from their website. The dealer list for OEM was $16x.xx but I got some discount so it was a no brainer.

This is what it looks like. I'm happy with the quality, fit is spot on, and the lip rises up so any spills are contained. As an added bonus, it says "A6" on the mat
nice, is this part # 4G5061160?

Quick Reply: Weathertech Cargo Liner