Audi R8 Discussion forum for the Audi R8 and its variants

Help!!

Old 04-30-2012, 07:25 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!!

Hi Guys,

I just had a couple of questions regarding the R8. I'm thinking of buying the R8 V10 Coupe as my first car, and I just wanted to know if it is worth the buy. I will get it slightly used so I don't have to face the depreciation costs too much. How much are the running costs of the car? Would it make a good everyday car? I understand I won't have space for luggage, etc, but that is not very important. I will be driving it as my main car, using it mainly for the commute to work, but also as a daily car. I am not concerned about insurance costs because I am buying it in Dubai, and it will not be very expensive to insure, maintenance is what I'm concerned with. My other options are Maserati GranCabrio, Bentley GT, BMW 750Li, and Mercedes S63 AMG. I would really appreciate the help.

Thanks
Old 05-01-2012, 06:10 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by asoom
Hi Guys,

I just had a couple of questions regarding the R8. I'm thinking of buying the R8 V10 Coupe as my first car, and I just wanted to know if it is worth the buy. I will get it slightly used so I don't have to face the depreciation costs too much. How much are the running costs of the car? Would it make a good everyday car? I understand I won't have space for luggage, etc, but that is not very important. I will be driving it as my main car, using it mainly for the commute to work, but also as a daily car. I am not concerned about insurance costs because I am buying it in Dubai, and it will not be very expensive to insure, maintenance is what I'm concerned with. My other options are Maserati GranCabrio, Bentley GT, BMW 750Li, and Mercedes S63 AMG. I would really appreciate the help.

Thanks
You might be the first person to have an R8 as their daily driver! Congratson your first ever car purchase being an R8 as well! I guess at your rate your next will be an Bugatti or a Lambo Aventador! Of the cars yo mention if you want performance/looks the Audi is the way to go. Maserati's are POS in my opinion and I refuse to buy a Mercedes or BMW being an Audi man. Bentley's are way overpriced for what you get under the hood IMO as well. So there's an opinion for you and in terms of costs to operate an R8 on a daily basis I can't comment b/c I don't have one, but depending upon your financial situation for a daily driver the 750LI is prop the most "economical" of the ones you have listed above on a day to day basis. But if money isn't an option than who gives a crap what the operating cost are and get the best car of the lot!
Old 05-03-2012, 02:05 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thank you so much your help Fuel economy is not much of an issue, because I will be driving it in Saudi Arabia, and believe it or not, but petrol is cheaper than water there haha. I was more concerned with the maintenance costs and such, but I'm sure it won't be too much. You are very right about the Bentley, so I will definitely cross it off my list. I wanted a car which is kind of low profile, but I guess I should forget about that if I have an R8. As a daily driver, would you recommend the V8 more though? Personally, the S class is my favorite car, and I would love an S63 AMG, but I heard they are changing the shape next year I have shortlisted my choice to 750Li, Audi A8L, and an R8. Thanks again!
Old 05-03-2012, 06:25 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by asoom
Thank you so much your help Fuel economy is not much of an issue, because I will be driving it in Saudi Arabia, and believe it or not, but petrol is cheaper than water there haha. I was more concerned with the maintenance costs and such, but I'm sure it won't be too much. You are very right about the Bentley, so I will definitely cross it off my list. I wanted a car which is kind of low profile, but I guess I should forget about that if I have an R8. As a daily driver, would you recommend the V8 more though? Personally, the S class is my favorite car, and I would love an S63 AMG, but I heard they are changing the shape next year I have shortlisted my choice to 750Li, Audi A8L, and an R8. Thanks again!
The BMW comes with a maintenance plan included in the cost. However my father has a 750 and it's nice, but both Audi's are much nicer inside and out in my opinion. I mean the R8 is another league compared to the two luxury sedans and if the size of the car and price weren't an issue, then I'd get R8 a 100 out of 100 times. The R8 is probably one
Old 05-03-2012, 06:26 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by pokerfad
The BMW comes with a maintenance plan included in the cost. However my father has a 750 and it's nice, but both Audi's are much nicer inside and out in my opinion. I mean the R8 is another league compared to the two luxury sedans and if the size of the car and price weren't an issue, then I'd get R8 a 100 out of 100 times. The R8 is probably one
Of the only "supercars" that could be a daily driver though.