S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

California Audi Dealers and the Audi Supplier Discount?

Old 02-18-2015, 10:07 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default California Audi Dealers and the Audi Supplier Discount?

I am wondering if anyone has been able to obtain a high demand Audi (i.e. like the new S6) through the Audi Supplier program with the 6% discount from a California dealer?

I placed an order at 3% over dealer invoice prior to learning of this program and my dealer does not want to budge so far.

One of their arguments is that they don't allow the Supplier Program discount for limited supply vehicles like the S6.

They also say it isn't fair to them and their decisions on allocations for me to ask to change the order after the initial deal was negotiated.
Old 02-19-2015, 03:42 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Your dealership stinks and can't do simple math. This change costs them nothing, saves you money, and makes you a loyal customer.

It's up to you if you want to let them treat you this way, but I'd walk, even if it meant waiting a bit longer for the car. Buying a vehicle isn't a one-and-done exchange. You need someone you can trust.
Old 02-19-2015, 03:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yup, it's time to walk. You can talk to them all you want, but the only thing that speaks to them is money. Take yours and get out. See what happens.

Then I would call the regional Audi Manager and see if HE/SHE still want your business and have them introduce you to another dealer in your area.

The more you let the process continue, and not take action, the more the dealer knows they can push you around.

Wanted a discount on Audi care? no way
Want to deal hard on your trade in? They will laugh at you
Want to convince them in a year or two to put in a TSB change that kind of applies to your car but really doesnt (lag issue). Not a chance.

Once you let them know your actual position in a negotiation - you're toast. Take your money and spend it elsewhere.
Old 02-19-2015, 07:38 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks guys, I am lining up my ducks for a last try with my original dealer. Before I go I would like to line up a dealer prepared to honor the Audi Supplier program discount on a car like the S6.

Every dealer I spoke with in the early stages acted like they were doing me a favor to sell the car and a discount would be unthinkable.

So I am looking for the name of a CA dealer that is willing to be competitive. The dealers I have approached so far are in the San Francisco Bay Area and Sacramento Area. Maybe it's time to try Southern California...
Old 02-19-2015, 08:26 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 247 Likes on 183 Posts

Try Bakersfield or Van Nuys.
Old 02-20-2015, 07:13 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I just placed an order today using the Audi Club NA 'supplier' discount (6%) on a S6. No biggie. The dealer just put the paperwork in the deal folder and discounted the car by 6%.

He actually told me this makes the negotiation process so much on a car they rarely need to discount. I say try a different dealer.
Old 02-23-2015, 04:40 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

how does the Supplier program differ from the Audi Club discount? Are they both 6%? I got my 2013 S6 at $5500 off and Auci care at cost ($780?). I dont know much about what these things really cost so I could have been completly hosed, but I love the car!
Old 02-23-2015, 11:42 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Bostoncrna
how does the Supplier program differ from the Audi Club discount? Are they both 6%? I got my 2013 S6 at $5500 off and Auci care at cost ($780?). I dont know much about what these things really cost so I could have been completly hosed, but I love the car!
Technically, there is no "Audi Club" discount. Membership in good standing in ACNA makes you eligible for the Audi Supplier Program which currently gets you 6% off the MSRP of a vehicle.

Audi Supplier Program

What you negotiate above and beyond that, I got AudiCare tossed in, is between you and the dealer.
Old 02-24-2015, 03:33 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Just curious. Does your incentive form say MY14/15 or does it say MY15/16?
Old 02-24-2015, 04:30 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I don't believe the form has been updated yet. I haven't requested a new one since I placed my order back in early December.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: California Audi Dealers and the Audi Supplier Discount?