AllRoad Transmission Issue

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2012, 02:38 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AllRoad Transmission Issue

I just got an 03 Allroad thats making feel sick to my stomach. I'm told by a Audi Enthusiast that is not a bad tranny. When I 1st start the car I have reverse and I can pull off with hesitation. But when the car warms up after 10 to 15 mins reverse is almost totally gone. What could the problem be if its not the Transmission? I smell a little oil burning not sure yet if it is engine oil or tranny... I bought this car with the hope that its a easy fix.... Please help! Thanks for and help in advance...
Old 02-13-2012, 04:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Do U Son
I just got an 03 Allroad thats making feel sick to my stomach. I'm told by a Audi Enthusiast that is not a bad tranny. When I 1st start the car I have reverse and I can pull off with hesitation. But when the car warms up after 10 to 15 mins reverse is almost totally gone. What could the problem be if its not the Transmission? I smell a little oil burning not sure yet if it is engine oil or tranny... I bought this car with the hope that its a easy fix.... Please help! Thanks for and help in advance...
You should search the Allroad and A6 C5 forums for problems of no reverse.
My friend's BMW shop does Audi work for winter daily drivers when the expensive BMWs are put away for Michigan winters. No drive in reserve is a common failure. You should remove the oil pan and filter to see how much "metal
mud" is inside the transmission.
Old 02-13-2012, 06:13 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Do U Son
No or weak reverse sounds likes your D/G drum housing is cracked inside the transmission. If so, it requires a complete teardown to get to it for repairs, which means a rebuild is what you'll need. The two common failures with the ZF 5HP19FLA transmission is the torque converter seal and D/G drum failure.
Old 02-17-2012, 01:56 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i had the same issue allroad

Hey Guys,i had the same issue with my allroad 03,i had it rebuild for 3000,/which one come first 3600 mi or three years,they did a very good job cottoman transmission in pa