RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

Purchase avdvice

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2013, 01:43 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Purchase avdvice

Hello all, first post, new member. Thinking about purchasing an RS4, from the research I have done, the car fits all of my wants and needs. Currently drive a Acura Rl, upgraded exhaust, breaks, wheels, intake, audio system. Looking for more perfomance and plain bored to be honest. Wanted to get an idea of known issues on an 07 RS4, how is reliability? With willing to shop, wait and travel. What do you think is a good deal on an 07 with 50k ish miles? How difficult is it to add custom audio to the stock system? Reason I ask is it was borderline impossible in my RL. Thanks in advance for any and all input, hopefully with some good insight, I will be on here asking questions about my new passion. Thaks again.
Old 12-22-2013, 08:07 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Well, to start off I don't think you will get bored with the RS4 with or without a custom audio system :-) I've had mine for about 10 months now only adding about 5k miles (47k) with no problems other than routine maint., before buying the RS4 I daily drove an 07 S4 past 100k it too was very reliable.. this gave me confidence buying the RS4 although different in many ways still Audi.

My 07 RS4 has an after market Alpine INE-S920HD installed by the previous owner, The RS4 / S4 / A4 appears to be a common install, you could check with local installers. See pics below of mine. The stock Bose system sounded good on my S4, the reason my RS4 was updated by previous owners was non premium package i.e no nav / Bose I believe.

Whenever I get a chance to drive mine I'm more excited about the sound the custom AWE exhaust makes so I usually keep the tunes turned down ..good luck.
Attached Images    
Old 01-22-2014, 06:28 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by RS4sprintblue
Well, to start off I don't think you will get bored with the RS4 with or without a custom audio system :-) I've had mine for about 10 months now only adding about 5k miles (47k) with no problems other than routine maint., before buying the RS4 I daily drove an 07 S4 past 100k it too was very reliable.. this gave me confidence buying the RS4 although different in many ways still Audi.

My 07 RS4 has an after market Alpine INE-S920HD installed by the previous owner, The RS4 / S4 / A4 appears to be a common install, you could check with local installers. See pics below of mine. The stock Bose system sounded good on my S4, the reason my RS4 was updated by previous owners was non premium package i.e no nav / Bose I believe.

Whenever I get a chance to drive mine I'm more excited about the sound the custom AWE exhaust makes so I usually keep the tunes turned down ..good luck.
Hi there, love your Sprint Blue RS4! I'm thinking about getting a steering wheel loke yours and an exhaust but not sure what to go with. The stock ehaust is just too quiet and tame! Did you install the steering wheel? How do you like the flat bottom?
Old 01-24-2014, 08:47 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default No issues at 70k

Bought mine CPO 2 years ago with 36k. Just crossed 70k with no issues other than brake pads and tires (4 track days). I paid $42k back then and figure I could sell it for $35k today based on condition and what I see online. That's a pretty reasonable cost to own pure joy on four wheels. Easy to drive around town but will pass just about anything on the road when you want it to.
Old 01-28-2014, 04:36 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hi there Shannonandwill,

Thanks for the compliments, I purchased my RS4 almost 1 year ago with the flat bottom steering wheel and AWE exhaust already installed by original owner, I personally love the thick feel of this steering wheel and the flat bottom benefits my preferred seating position since I like to drive keeping the steering wheel down low and my seat front / knees elevated. IMO this wheel gives the RS4 interior an updated look. I believe this wheel is an OEM TTRS with RS4 name plate added.

The exhaust is AWE non resonated cat back, if i had purchased it I would have probably went with resonators... some drone at low rpm's from the inside ... then quiets down at cruising speeds between 2300-3000rpms and then screams at hi rpm's., everyone who hears it says it sounds amazing from the outside. I called AWE and they said I can send them the center section for them to add resonators for $375 if i decide. . still not sure if I will mess with it. You can listen to both sound clips on AWE web site so you can decide for yourself. I believe they now also offer large oval tips to match stock tips..again personal preference.

John