A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

AC Compressor electric source

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2014, 06:49 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC Compressor electric source

Hello every one I have an audi 2006 my motor is a 2.4 L. I think they don't sale this one in the USA

Any way a couple weeks back my Ac Compressor simply stop working.

one moment was ok next5 the compressor stop

I took the car to a shop. they say I have to change the ac compressor. is like $2000 dollars down here to do that (Panama central America that is) My personal opinion is that. the compressor is not getting electricity volts. I want to test that my self first before I go and spend all my money on a new compressor.

I don't know where in the compressor check for volts.

I like to know if someone here can point me to the right direction and tell me where is the electric current source wire for the compressor.

so I can check with a multimiter.

thank you in advace
Old 04-14-2014, 12:32 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I really doubt it. The compressor is controlled by the climate head. It doesnt just get a 12v signal and come on. It gets a variable signal from the climate head and it mechanically changes its variable rate to demand always running with no clutch. I see these things fail pretty often. Does the center spin? I see them lock up and they have tiny little shear legs that break off and allow the outer pulley to still spin. If you want use vagcom and see if the compressor is being commanded on or not and if it has a shutoff code.
Old 04-15-2014, 07:09 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Prospeeder
I really doubt it. The compressor is controlled by the climate head. It doesnt just get a 12v signal and come on. It gets a variable signal from the climate head and it mechanically changes its variable rate to demand always running with no clutch. I see these things fail pretty often. Does the center spin? I see them lock up and they have tiny little shear legs that break off and allow the outer pulley to still spin. If you want use vagcom and see if the compressor is being commanded on or not and if it has a shutoff code.
Yes the center spin. I did check the gas in the system the technician say is ok. also the shop say I need a new ac compressor.
but I just want to make sure of that

Last edited by hitmanpty; 04-15-2014 at 07:15 AM.