A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Genuine Audi LED License Bulbs for C6

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2014, 11:09 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I installed the set I ordered from genuineaudiparts.com on Fri. So far have not had any light out warnings and I am really happy with the look at night. Big difference from original yellow colored bulbs.
Old 03-16-2014, 08:05 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Richie.se
Just mounted these on my Avant, looks great! Not the cheap look "look at me I'm a light-pole on wheels", but a clean and great looking light!

Also changed the screws while at it all my older Audi had these replaced during my ownership due to rust or missware, the right one was a b*tch due to someone had failed before, the left one was no problem
nice look so which ones are these exactly?
Old 03-17-2014, 01:08 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

OEM A6 C7 lights
No warning light in the car, BUT when I plugged in our computer at work it actually had error codes of the license plate bulbs... Erased the codes, started the car, all still shining, no warning sound or text, plugged in the computer again and the error codes are back :-) well, my guess is that the voltage is pribably just below acceptance values, like it's waiting for a bulb to go and would tell the mechanic to change it, but since it's still working the car isn't telling the driver (me) that there is a problem.
I've been using them for a couple of months now, still just as good well under -20C, so I couldn't think of a better OEM "mod".
Cheap, Audi OEM and great quality!

People complain about the lights reflecting on the lower parts of the tail gate, well look at any A6/RS6 C7, they look the same, no biggie for me :-)
Old 03-18-2014, 09:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OEM A6 C7 lights
Richie, did you get the C7 bulbs? My post was to use the parts from A8. I didn't know that the C7 bulbs fit C6 models.

I don't get any error codes and no reflection off the bumper. Some people have complained about the flickering but I haven't noticed it on my car. I started the car and stared at it for a few minutes and it never flickered.
Old 03-20-2014, 08:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

OEM A6 C7 lights
No warning light in the car, BUT when I plugged in our computer at work it actually had error codes of the license plate bulbs... Erased the codes, started the car, all still shining, no warning sound or text, plugged in the computer again and the error codes are back :-) well, my guess is that the voltage is pribably just below acceptance values, like it's waiting for a bulb to go and would tell the mechanic to change it, but since it's still working the car isn't telling the driver (me) that there is a problem.
I've been using them for a couple of months now, still just as good well under -20C, so I couldn't think of a better OEM "mod".
Cheap, Audi OEM and great quality!

People complain about the lights reflecting on the lower parts of the tail gate, well look at any A6/RS6 C7, they look the same, no biggie for me :-)
thanks for the reply! so whats the part number?
Old 04-11-2014, 06:51 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Can you get us the part numbers please
Old 07-13-2015, 06:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Mine suddenly stopped working.

Mine suddenly stopped working. They do the quick flash check every minute but they don't light up now. Been like this for a couple of days. No warning light on dash but they do register as bulbs out in a recent scan by my mechanic. I will clear the code when I get my VagCom back from my friend and hope that fixes it. Any one ran into this?