A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011
Old 09-06-2016, 11:48 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Audi A6 (C6) Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

HVAC Blows very hot air on side vents

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 07:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it seems very simple if you read the TSB I dont know why there is so much speculation...
Old 07-09-2009, 12:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by haha bye
it seems very simple if you read the TSB I dont know why there is so much speculation...
The Audi dealerships won't fix problems they can't replicate, even if you shoved the TSB into their faces. This hot-air problem is intermittent on my car, and I can read the TSB a hundred times which still doesn't help me recreate the problem.

So it is extremely helpful for everyone to work together to nail down the exact mechanism of causing this problem such that it is repeatable at the dealerships.
Old 07-09-2009, 02:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 873 Likes on 714 Posts

Originally Posted by Edward'TLS
The Audi dealerships won't fix problems they can't replicate, even if you shoved the TSB into their faces. This hot-air problem is intermittent on my car, and I can read the TSB a hundred times which still doesn't help me recreate the problem.
I had a similar issue with a TSB and a dealer refusing to perform the work because the could not recreate the problem. I told them that I would pay to have the TSB performed. They then told me that Audi would not let them charge customers for repair work during the warranty period. I told them that I thought that Audi would not be very happy when I called and explained my predicament. The dealer then decided to perform the TSB for free.
Old 07-09-2009, 09:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey guys, I struck a really good relationship with my service adviser, and I just print out TSB's that I need performed and he does them...no questions asked. I just got my car back and I had the A/C TSB performed with the replacement of the valves, etc.

Edward, every dealer has some "cool" advisers that are willing to help you out, you just have to find them...if one guy doesn't help you, just try another one in the same dealer...thats just my 2 cents.
Old 07-11-2009, 07:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

I have the same problem with my 05 A6 Quattro. This drives me crazy and wondered if it was an issue of freon or needing a cooling system service. I like many, can't replicate the problem at the dealer and will be stuck paying for it I'm sure. Thanks for the TSB and I am going back to Infinities from now on.
Old 07-11-2009, 08:16 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by sinpolio

Edward, every dealer has some "cool" advisers that are willing to help you out, you just have to find them...if one guy doesn't help you, just try another one in the same dealer...thats just my 2 cents.
It definitely helps to build a relationship with a good adviser. If you have the option in your area, you can always try a different dealer.

You can also call AoA and complain to them. Not sure about Audi, but on my last car I had very good luck with calling Acura NA and getting them to "nudge" the dealer into covering things out of warranty.
Old 07-11-2009, 08:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Who is AoA??
Old 07-11-2009, 08:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

By the way I searched for the cost of the part and it's around $350. You can go here - http://www.worldimpex.com/parts/genu...ve_909809.html and here - http://www.ecstuning.com/Search_VW/4F1959617B/ BUT I don't know how happy the dealer would be if you walked in with your own part.
Old 07-11-2009, 11:39 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by kratz
Who is AoA??
Audi of America. From their website:

If you currently own an Audi and have questions or concerns about your ownership experience, and would like to speak with a Customer CARE Advocate call 1-800-822-2834 (AUDI), Monday through Friday, 8 am to 8 pm, Eastern Time.
Old 07-13-2009, 02:53 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks everyone for the help. I had the TSB done on my car (about $700 out of warranty). Problem seems to be fixed. For those that have the problem, until it is fixed, if you turn the temperature all the way to HI for 5 seconds or so, then all the way to LO for 5 seconds or so, and then back to your desired temperature, that seems to solve the problem temporarily. I have about 5 hours on the car since the TSB. I will let you know if I hit a problem. Once again, thanks for the help especially to the individual that gave me the TSB.

Quick Reply: HVAC Blows very hot air on side vents