Feedback Need help with a Forums feature, noticed a broken link (or other site problem) or just have a general question - this is the spot

Introducing the new AudiWorld Forums!

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2014, 05:08 PM
IB Staff

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by fkaufman
The font is still way too small and hard to read.
The icons in the far left column have changed. Is there a table explaining what the new icons are?
We changed the font to be identical to the old layout's default font setting. Is there any particular section of the site that you're having trouble reading?

We also haven't made any updates to site icons, at least not intentionally. Which left column appears to have changed?
Old 04-16-2014, 05:31 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by IB Jason
We changed the font to be identical to the old layout's default font setting.
Fantastic job.
Thank you so very much !!!
Old 04-16-2014, 06:17 PM
Head Cat Herder

Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts

Hi Everyone! Just checking in, back from the roadtrip to New York for the Auto Show.. I want to bee 100% sure that everyone is finding the new forums to function correctly, and that the look is adjusted to be more pleasing. If anyone has ANY comment, question, suggestion, concern, please either reply here, PM me, email me, or any other way you know of to get me the message. The last thing we want is for anyone to feel their voice is not heard.

Thanks!!!
Old 04-16-2014, 06:18 PM
Head Cat Herder

Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts

Hi Everyone...
Old 04-16-2014, 06:59 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

The font is still way too small and hard to read.
The size issue must be browser related. Now that the font type is back as before, they are sized as before for me on the latest version of Firefox and and a bit smaller on Safari (Mac). Thanks to the web designers for reverting to the original font style - much, much better.

The icons in the far left column have changed. Is there a table explaining what the new icons are?
Different icons but pretty much indicate the same things as the old site. If you roll your mouse over the icon (except for the unread thread posts icon for some reason), a description pops up (at least on Firefox).
small white page icon = an older thread or one you've already read
snall envelope with an arrow = thread in which you've previously made posts with a new post
small page with a dot in the upper left corner - thread in which you've previously made posts with no new posts
small page with lock = closed/locked thread
small page with red bar at bottom - new unread post (also the thread title is bolded)
small blue box w/check mark to the left of the thread title = go to first unread post

I still prefer the old icons.

Other thoughts:
I think the deep black bars above the threads and each post are very distracting especially above each post in a thread - too much dark black. The previous gray was much less so. I'm not as distracted with the new red banners though.
Found a glitch - when replying to a post, the line wraps of the other posts runs way off to the right making it impossible to reference without constantly scrolling back and forth.

Last edited by snagitseven; 04-16-2014 at 07:21 PM.
Old 04-16-2014, 07:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Kris Hansen
Hi Everyone...
Hi Kris.
Old 04-16-2014, 07:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by UrS4boy
Been on AudiWorld since 2001. Hated the switch from kawf to vBulletin but tolerated the look since March, 2009, albeit I showed up and posted less. However, today was a big shock. VERY Fugly format IMO. Much worse than before. I am on several vBulletin forums and Audiworld now has the worst look of all of them. Sorry but it literally hurts my eyes. Too Red. Too Black. Small font. Busy pages. Poor new post indicators. I could go on.

Not that interested in coming back if today's look is going to stay. As I said before you made the change in 2009, the model for a good vBulletin look IMO is the S2Forum. http://www.s2forum.com/

Good luck.
While I agree on some of what you wrote, I have to disagree with you on the S2 site you linked. That's even busier and harder to read than the AW pages with the full page white text on black. To me it's awful and hurts the eyes.
The AW icons are different but still show the same info.
Old 04-16-2014, 09:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The old one was easier to read.
Old 04-17-2014, 02:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 353 Likes on 206 Posts

Old icons and the rest is me personally much better and clearer than the new
Old 04-17-2014, 06:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
While I agree on some of what you wrote, I have to disagree with you on the S2 site you linked. That's even busier and harder to read than the AW pages with the full page white text on black. To me it's awful and hurts the eyes.
The AW icons are different but still show the same info.
I guess we have different opinions about the S2Forum. What maybe you don't know is they have an option (which I use) to reverse the colours from white text on dark background to black text on light background. I have been on that forum since 2007 (before the AW switch to vBulletin in March 2009) and trust me (you won't) it is a much easier format to work with than AW. But I know you IB guys know what's best for us, the users.

Quick Reply: Introducing the new AudiWorld Forums!