Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

2015 S5 Ordering

Old 04-10-2014, 03:40 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 S5 Ordering

While the official ordering information hasn't released yet I've started the ordering process for my 2015 S5 Cabiolet with my Audi dealer. We are trying to jump on the process so I can get the August European delivery date I want.

2015 Audi S5 Cabriolet
Prestige Package
Daytona Gray (Special order)
Black Roof/Interior
Comfort Package
Driver Assist Package
Quattro Sports Differential
Adaptive Damping Suspension
19" Titanium 5-arm wheels
Aluminum/black wood inlays
Alu-Optic package

I may have to change to Monsoon Gray to get my delivery date. It's hard to tell online the true difference between Monsoon and Daytona. It seems like the Daytona is a little darker. Anyone have better intel?

Does anyone have info on new 2015 features or changes that I should consider? Also I am not sure about the Alu-Optic package. Originally I had hoped to even have bodied colored mirrors. Any thoughts on the Alu-Optic package?
Old 04-10-2014, 09:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dgrant69
While the official ordering information hasn't released yet I've started the ordering process for my 2015 S5 Cabiolet with my Audi dealer. We are trying to jump on the process so I can get the August European delivery date I want.

2015 Audi S5 Cabriolet
Prestige Package
Daytona Gray (Special order)
Black Roof/Interior
Comfort Package
Driver Assist Package
Quattro Sports Differential
Adaptive Damping Suspension
19" Titanium 5-arm wheels
Aluminum/black wood inlays
Alu-Optic package

I may have to change to Monsoon Gray to get my delivery date. It's hard to tell online the true difference between Monsoon and Daytona. It seems like the Daytona is a little darker. Anyone have better intel?

Does anyone have info on new 2015 features or changes that I should consider? Also I am not sure about the Alu-Optic package. Originally I had hoped to even have bodied colored mirrors. Any thoughts on the Alu-Optic package?
I got the black optic package with body color mirrors, I think it looks awesome and the grill/lower facia fog lights look better in the darker color too.
Old 04-10-2014, 04:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Agree with Mike. Black optic is way to go.
Old 04-11-2014, 05:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

I have monsoon. Daytona is way way way nicer. It's a richer color with more depth and metallic. If you can do it, do it.
Old 04-18-2014, 03:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Daytona Grey

I was told by my dealer today that the 15 S5will be available in Daytona as a standard metallic color option. This is fantastic news if true.
Old 04-18-2014, 04:14 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Yes see this post with order sheets: https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2864709
Old 04-19-2014, 07:51 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hi all,
My order officially went through yesterday and as mentioned the Daytona Gray is a standard color option. It should be ready for August European delivery.
Old 04-20-2014, 06:24 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 81 Likes on 61 Posts

A had an '11 S5 Cab in Daytona Gray. Mine was special ordered at an additional cost, so if it is now standard jump on it!

The color is definitely darker and more interesting than Monsoon, and it is amazing in the sunlight! You actually see specks of green and magenta in the paint. Mine had the Tuscan interior. You made a great decision!

These pics aren't in direct sunlight but they will give you an idea...

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2802406

Last edited by dseag2; 04-20-2014 at 06:40 PM.
Old 04-25-2014, 02:24 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Dgrant69
Hi all,
My order officially went through yesterday and as mentioned the Daytona Gray is a standard color option. It should be ready for August European delivery.
New to the Forum, based in London, UK. I currently have a 2012 Audi TT and placed last week an order for the 2015 S5 Black Edition in Daytona Grey with Lunar Silver Interior, Sunroof, comfort Package, Hi-Technology Package, advanced parking system, sports differential, storage package, advanced key.

Just got confirmation from the dealer on build/delivery as follows:

Hope all is well,the build week for the s5 is week 28 and should arrive approximately end july beginning of august 2014.
Will keep you posted of any changes.
Kind regards,

So looking forward to jointing the club. Wanted the RS5 but insurance was ridiculous so had to be sensible and go for the S5.
Old 04-27-2014, 09:50 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

It sounds great. Please share your pictures when you get your car. I'll do the same. What comes in the Black Edition. I didn't see that in the US order info?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2015 S5 Ordering