Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

SQ5 Owner Update

Old 02-04-2014, 07:49 PM
Club AutoUnion

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by TTG
We just placed an order for a SQ5 and got about 5% off of MSRP. This forum really helped me decide on the final configuration of the car
Many grats. What are your specs? Steve
Old 02-05-2014, 01:22 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats!

I am putting out feelers to some of the dealerships to see if they will budge about 5% off MSRP and see what happens.

I forgot to ask, have any of you tested the SQ5 with the 20" and 21" wheels, is there that much of ride comfort difference you think? I like the 21" darker wheels to go with the Monsoon Gray but I am afraid that might be somewhat of a rough ride?

I noticed some pictures where the MMI scroll button was on the dash (where the CD insert is at) and not in the center where the "start" button is for the car. I don't really like that look where it's at, is there a certain package I need to get for the Premium Plus to make sure the MMI scroll is down where the parking brake and start button is at? I hope that made sense.
Old 02-05-2014, 02:45 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AudiFreak666
Congrats!

I am putting out feelers to some of the dealerships to see if they will budge about 5% off MSRP and see what happens.

I forgot to ask, have any of you tested the SQ5 with the 20" and 21" wheels, is there that much of ride comfort difference you think? I like the 21" darker wheels to go with the Monsoon Gray but I am afraid that might be somewhat of a rough ride?

I noticed some pictures where the MMI scroll button was on the dash (where the CD insert is at) and not in the center where the "start" button is for the car. I don't really like that look where it's at, is there a certain package I need to get for the Premium Plus to make sure the MMI scroll is down where the parking brake and start button is at? I hope that made sense.
Not much change in ride, BUT very big difference in road noise. I'm going to put in sound suppressing mats in the summer.
Old 02-05-2014, 04:07 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

The MMI controls are in the dash if you don't get the advanced nav. As for panther black - it is a great color - more of a purple - brown - black (need to see it in person versus online), but it does get dirty very quickly...
Old 02-05-2014, 04:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Those silver rims do become gray very quickly. So, unless you clean them up weekly, they are more like dark gray than silver
Old 02-05-2014, 05:17 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

@MAMOHT...that's exactly why I want those titanium wheels lol. I love the look of them and the brake dust doesn't show on them as bad is a big plus.
Old 02-05-2014, 07:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

One other thing I forgot to mention as a negative, while most of my latest cars have been smaller sedans, I've noticed the side mirrors on the SQ5 seem to either be much larger than most mirrors or at an odd angle where it seems to obstruct my view at times. I've driven some minivans, but not many SUVs previously. This never seemed to be an issue with other cars. It's not a big deal, but I have noticed on some occasions I needed to adjust my site lines in order to look around my side mirrors. My wife pointed this out too. Is this an issue for others?
Old 02-05-2014, 07:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by alatsacto
One other thing I forgot to mention as a negative, while most of my latest cars have been smaller sedans, I've noticed the side mirrors on the SQ5 seem to either be much larger than most mirrors or at an odd angle where it seems to obstruct my view at times. I've driven some minivans, but not many SUVs previously. This never seemed to be an issue with other cars. It's not a big deal, but I have noticed on some occasions I needed to adjust my site lines in order to look around my side mirrors. My wife pointed this out too. Is this an issue for others?
This definitely takes some getting used to. The mirrors on the SQ5 are like elephant ears --> BIG!
Old 02-05-2014, 07:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Dustin Fennell
This definitely takes some getting used to. The mirrors on the SQ5 are like elephant ears --> BIG!
LOL, okay so it's not just me. I never noticed it before until driving it, but then I've found myself checking out other cars' side mirrors lately to compare.
Old 02-05-2014, 08:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

I actually really like the size of mirrors. I am 6'4" though and sit pretty high. So, the mirrors do not block anything for me.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: SQ5 Owner Update