Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

SQ5 Owner Update

Old 02-02-2014, 11:10 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 353 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by Dustin Fennell
[*]When I open a back door when all the doors are locked, it does not unlock all my doors (other vehicles I've owned did this)[/LIST]
You have the option to unlock all the doors, only the driver's door or only boot lid

Name:  ScreenShot358_zps0b10d8a8.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  286.5 KB
Old 02-03-2014, 07:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I open a back door when all the doors are locked, it does not unlock all my doors (other vehicles I've owned did this)
Yup it's definitely a setting in the MMI console. My wife and I debated about this setting for a while. But eventually we settled on unlocking all doors when one of the doors are opened. I guess it can be a safety issue, but it's definitely more convenient for us.
Old 02-03-2014, 08:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

I am not referring to using the key fob. I am referring to placing my hand on a door handle.

For example, on my Lexus when I place my hand on the driver's door handle only the driver's door unlocks. When I place my hand on any of the passenger doors - ALL the doors unlock.

On my SQ5, only the door that I place my hand on unlocks. This is somewhat of a pain for me. I have my key fob in my computer bag, which I place on the back seat. I walk up to my SQ5, place my hand on the rear door handle and the door unlocks. I throw my bag in the back, close the door, then try to open the driver's door. However, I can't because it is still locked.....
Old 02-03-2014, 08:54 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 54 Posts

I am not referring to using the key fob. I am referring to placing my hand on a door handle.

For example, on my Lexus when I place my hand on the driver's door handle only the driver's door unlocks. When I place my hand on any of the passenger doors - ALL the doors unlock.

On my SQ5, only the door that I place my hand on unlocks. This is somewhat of a pain for me. I have my key fob in my computer bag, which I place on the back seat. I walk up to my SQ5, place my hand on the rear door handle and the door unlocks. I throw my bag in the back, close the door, then try to open the driver's door. However, I can't because it is still locked.....
You can change it through MMI.
Old 02-03-2014, 09:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by scrmorling
I bought a used 2nd gen, 32Gb iPod Touch on eBay for $80 and have dedicated it to the car. Album art works like a charm.

Steve
I was using my old iphone 4 for a while to see the album art I have spent so much time tending to, but for long trips I like to have all the music in iTunes on my ipod rather than a portion of it. I have too much music not to use the Classic. I'd go bigger if they had it. (that's what she said)
Old 02-03-2014, 09:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 353 Likes on 206 Posts

MANUAL:

The vehicle can be locked and unlocked from any of the doors. The remote control key should be within a range of 1.5 metres from the door handle. It does not matter where you carry the key, for instance whether it is in your jacket pocket or in a briefcase.
The locking function may be affected if you grasp the door handle while the vehicle is being locked.
Once the doors have been locked, they cannot be opened again immediately. This will enable you to check that the doors are properly closed.
The system will unlock either all the doors or only one of the doors, depending on the settings you have chosen on the infotainment system Link.
AND: https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...4&postcount=11

Personal convenience settings

If two people use the same car regularly, it is a good idea for each person to have his or her "own" remote control key. When you switch off the ignition or lock the vehicle, your personal settings for the following convenience features are stored and assigned to the remote control key:

Air conditioner
Central locking system
Windows
Memory function*
Parking aid*
Adaptive cruise control*
Active lane assist*
Side assist*
Drive select*

The stored settings are then recalled automatically the next time the vehicle is unlocked, the doors are opened or the ignition is switched on.

Last edited by spijun; 02-03-2014 at 09:12 AM.
Old 02-03-2014, 09:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

I have just over 2000 miles on my Estoril Blue/Black Alcantara SQ5. We've had it since December after we took delivery on it in October for our European Delivery. It's technically my wife's car and our "weekend" car, but I find myself switching cars after coming home from our commuter car when we go out.

- very smooth gear shifts in Automatic mode, where it always seems to be in the proper gear, but then is always able to give you the needed power with a little gas
- I'm not sure if this should fit in the "like" section, but because it's so smooth in accelerating you easily go over the speed without even knowing it
- handles very well for an SUV, not too much body roll
- although not used very often I love the T-mobile hotspot, very convenient for passengers
- impressed with the MMI system, while there are a lot of menus; for the most part things are pretty intuitive
- love the estoril blue color, and I'm really enjoying the alcantara sport seats
- while both cars are beautiful and nearly the same, the subtle difference between the Q5 and SQ5

Dislikes:
- gas mileage, this car will guzzle gas in the city. I think due to the fun factor of this car, it's hard not to enjoy accelerating on this car.
- I'll have to agree on the MMI control wheel, by normal convention it seems backwards
- stuff sliding around in the trunk on the carpet mats. If I get rubber mats (Audi or WeatherTech), will that solve the problem for most item? Or would others recommend a cargo net or some other basket to hold smaller items? I sometimes use the containers underneath the carpet next to the spare tire to hold small items.
Old 02-03-2014, 03:16 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I appreciate the quick replies! I am thinking of pulling the trigger on one soon. I would like the Daytona Gray color but don't want to spend "Audi Exclusive" money on it when Monsoon Gray is pretty much the same just not "pearly." I really would like Panther Black but wifey doesn't want black.
I priced it out on AudiUSA for:
Premium Plus
Monsoon Gray
Black/red magma interior
carbon atlas inlays
21" wheels (looks sharp with the gray)
MMI
Came to $58,600
Now my question is, have you guys had any negotiating power with these special cars or that price is pretty about right?
Old 02-03-2014, 03:21 PM
Club AutoUnion

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by AudiFreak666
Now my question is, have you guys had any negotiating power with these special cars or that price is pretty about right?
There are a couple of threads here about SQ5 pricing. Several folks were able to get Retail less 6% or so.

Steve
Old 02-04-2014, 06:18 PM
TTG
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by scrmorling
There are a couple of threads here about SQ5 pricing. Several folks were able to get Retail less 6% or so.

Steve
We just placed an order for a SQ5 and got about 5% off of MSRP. This forum really helped me decide on the final configuration of the car

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: SQ5 Owner Update