Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Voice command in the S5 Cabriolet

Old 02-13-2010, 08:55 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info. I thought I had read everything on the A5/S5 cab before I signed the contract on 29 Aug. I didn't know about this forum. My mistake, but if you guys knew it, why didn't the local dealership know it?
Old 02-13-2010, 09:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dseag2
I don't disagree that the advertising is misleading and that the Audi salespeople should have been advised of this, but you could also have done a search on this forum to find out all about the car before taking delivery. This was posted back in August...

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...=voice+command
Not everyone knows about this and other Audi enthsiast websites but almost all of the buyers will have read the brochure at some point before making the purchase. The sales brochure stated clearly in at least two separate pages that voice command is part of the Nav. package (2 places for the A5 and 2 for the S5). If the information on the brochure is incorrect, it is the dealership and its SAs responsibility to inform customers of the differences, not the other way around. Like you said, AoA and their associates have had plenty of time to update and to learn about these cars since August of 2009.

Last edited by Tifosi; 02-13-2010 at 09:18 AM.
Old 02-13-2010, 09:13 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

The voice command is not a huge issue for me-I love my S5 with or without it. But it is somewhat cheesy on a luxury vehicle to have a button which doesnt work.

I have read several post about the Voice Command and still somewhat confused. Question-if you have nav, the button etc.-can it be activated on the S5 Cab-or is it a "no way" period?
Old 02-13-2010, 09:13 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by bigdog470
Thanks for the info. I thought I had read everything on the A5/S5 cab before I signed the contract on 29 Aug. I didn't know about this forum. My mistake, but if you guys knew it, why didn't the local dealership know it?
Because unfortunately, not all sales staff at car dealerships are car enthusiasts. Their real job is to sale a product, not to assist consumers in acquiring a product as their title seems to suggest.
Old 02-13-2010, 09:16 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by tboy58
The voice command is not a huge issue for me-I love my S5 with or without it. But it is somewhat cheesy on a luxury vehicle to have a button which doesnt work.

I have read several post about the Voice Command and still somewhat confused. Question-if you have nav, the button etc.-can it be activated on the S5 Cab-or is it a "no way" period?
As stated in my previous post, Vag-Com can not even locate the module as the module is not even on the car, thus there is nothing to activate.
Old 02-14-2010, 07:08 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default While we're on the topic...

How about remote activated folding and unfolding of the roof? This is a feature clearly described in my user manual and demonstrated in Audi produced promotional videos (see 3:50 in the video below) featuring their US product manager (Carter Balcom):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z3p1193LYs

Is it just me or is this a bit of bait and switch?

Last edited by viQQ; 02-14-2010 at 07:15 AM.
Old 02-14-2010, 07:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by viQQ
How about remote activated folding and unfolding of the roof? This is a feature clearly described in my user manual and demonstrated in Audi produced promotional videos (see 3:50 in the video below) featuring their US product manager (Carter Balcom):

Is it just me or is this a bit of bait and switch?
Is this another one of the ghost features ? I read it in the OM and saw it online, but never tried it so I don't even know if it is there or not.
Old 02-14-2010, 11:40 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

you can open and close the top from the key in the door but not from the remote. Adaptive headlights is another feature that is available in other countries but not here. We are so ripped off. If they want to be a real competitor to BMW, they should add the headlights and remote top. I had both on my 328i but the car was just too uncomfortable for me to keep.
Old 02-15-2010, 03:08 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I live in New York, where it's illegal to use a cell phone that isn't hands free. I really want to be able to push the button and say "call Joe" or "navigate to such and such" or "play Eric Clapton". Without the voice command, I have to take my eyes off the road or pull off the road. This is a safety issue.
Old 02-15-2010, 05:47 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Are we talking to the wrong people?

I am one of the many who were disappointed to find that voice command had been eliminated even though it was in the brochure. And to have the voice command button on the steering wheel to remind you is like a kick in the teeth. Well, maybe not that bad. But the person who needs to hear this is the president of Audi USA. I have found that writing to the top actually helps, and if enough of us do it I'll bet we get a response. So, here's his address:

Mr. Johan de Nysschen
President
Audi of America, Inc.
2200 Ferdinand Porsche Drive
Herndon, VA 20171

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Voice command in the S5 Cabriolet