Audi Euro Delivery Program Discussion Discussion forum for Audi's Euro Delivery Program - questions & experiences

A question about second users when soneone gets over there

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2006, 10:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 577 Likes on 483 Posts
Default A question about second users when soneone gets over there

Audi makes clear the buyer in the US must initially pick the car up there in Europe. That was the case in 1985 when I did European delivery too. By the way, therefore be careful on the title on the car, and consider getting the spouse on there at the front end. We did that in 1985.

However, what is murkier is whether the buyer must drop the car off at the end. My guess is someone else can, but I hope in due course someone can confirm. The Audi site does say you have to have the car papers and insurance when you drop it off, and that is what our experience was in 1985 too. Note that insurance is on the car rather than the driver, so this opens up the possibility legally of having more drivers. Now with the EC too, the need to prove ownership at any borders or customs stations is a relic of the past.

Back then what we did was meet up with my parents before we flew out of Frankfurt. They then used the car further and ultimately turned it in. My dad reported no trouble doing so. Back then you had to do it at a port or pay extra for transshipping. Under their current program, that part is much more convenient since you can likely just fly out of the drop off city you want to use and not have to go to a port to save the $$.

If anyone knows or comes upon the answer of whether someone else can drop it off at the end, please post. My guess is the answer is still yes, and it would be hard to police otherwise in practice anyway.