I NEED A TRANSMISSION MODULE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2013, 11:58 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=Leon Perkins;24445252]
Originally Posted by JA6X
Leon,

What's the issue?[/QUOTE

I THINKS ITS IN LIMP MODE FROM WHAT BEEN READING.
WHEN I PUT IT DRIVE IT HAS A CLANK AND BANG AS IF ITS BOUND UP.
THEN IT DRIVE OF SLOWLY THEN WHEN IT GETS PAST 20MPH ITS DRIVES LIKE A CHAMP. WHEN I COME TO A COMPLETE STOP IT TAKES OFF SLOW UNTIL GETTING TO 20MPH.
If it's in limp mode, the gear indicator in the center display will be reversed, instead of the PRD321 being lit, the background will be lit and the PRD321 will be unlit. Hope that makes sense. Does the bang occur when your trying to accelerate, that is do the revs ramp up then BANG, the car goes into gear? Also, when accelerating from a dead stop, does the transmission shift at all, or does it just seem to start off in a higher gear and never shift? If these are the case, and I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but a new TCU won't help, its the transmission itself going bad. Do you have access to a Vag-Com so you can pull the codes? You'll probably find there is a gear ratio mismatch or some thing to that effect. You can try doing a transmission service, drain, new filter, and refill, but I wouldn't put too much faith in it working. I'd hate to sell you the TCU and not have it be the solution.

Now, if the TCU for some reason got wet, and the transmission is acting up, then the TCU would probably solve the problem. I'd be absolutely sure it's the TCU before purchasing one from me or anywhere else as they tend to be on the pricey side. Give us some more information and if it's truly the TCU, we'll talk price. Good luck with this one.

Joe
Old 05-21-2013, 06:19 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

[QUOTE=JA6X;24445257]
Originally Posted by Leon Perkins

If it's in limp mode, the gear indicator in the center display will be reversed, instead of the PRD321 being lit, the background will be lit and the PRD321 will be unlit. Hope that makes sense. Does the bang occur when your trying to accelerate, that is do the revs ramp up then BANG, the car goes into gear? Also, when accelerating from a dead stop, does the transmission shift at all, or does it just seem to start off in a higher gear and never shift? If these are the case, and I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but a new TCU won't help, its the transmission itself going bad. Do you have access to a Vag-Com so you can pull the codes? You'll probably find there is a gear ratio mismatch or some thing to that effect. You can try doing a transmission service, drain, new filter, and refill, but I wouldn't put too much faith in it working. I'd hate to sell you the TCU and not have it be the solution.

Now, if the TCU for some reason got wet, and the transmission is acting up, then the TCU would probably solve the problem. I'd be absolutely sure it's the TCU before purchasing one from me or anywhere else as they tend to be on the pricey side. Give us some more information and if it's truly the TCU, we'll talk price. Good luck with this one.

Joe
Attached Images  
Old 05-21-2013, 06:21 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

[QUOTE=Leon Perkins;24445843]
Attached Images  
Old 05-28-2013, 10:11 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

You have some issues that's for sure. But on the plus side you didn't get any of the ratio mismatch errors. Were you able to get the TCM scanned as well?
Old 05-30-2013, 06:53 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by JA6X
You have some issues that's for sure. But on the plus side you didn't get any of the ratio mismatch errors. Were you able to get the TCM scanned as well?
Not that I remember no mismatches in ratio. I'm having the screens inside of the solenoids cleaned. THats what the mech. Told me he was gonna try next. I will ask him to scan the tcm. Can that be scanned with the snap on reader?
Old 02-13-2014, 10:51 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Leon,

Try giving a shout out to fellow enthusiasts in the Virginia area to see if one of them has a paid version of VAG COM with a cable to read, clear, and re-read your codes - including any Transmission codes.

Have your mechanic read stored codes, CLEAR them, and then see which ones - if any - come back. I wouldn't worry about old stored codes too much. If I saw a code like "Crash Detected" then I would think that maybe your ECU got wet and went crazy, then MAYBE you have a TCU issue as well. I doubt it though. The codes your mechanic is showing you are from the ECU. I don't see any transmission codes reported. If you were driving an A8 I'd say you have a transmission, and not a computer, problem.

Here is a local board to try: http://forums.quattroworld.com/midatlantic/

Good luck,

Brian C.

Last edited by BrianC72gt; 02-13-2014 at 10:53 PM.