Parting out a motor

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2013, 07:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parting out a motor

I am parting out a 4.2L V8 out of a 2006 A8 BGK engine code, the motor had about 120k on it before it was pulled. I have just about all of the parts you might need. I am making a table out of the block and I don't want any excess weight, so I need to get rid of all excess parts. If you need certain parts feel free to let me know.
Old 07-21-2013, 09:25 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by urs6audi95
I am parting out a 4.2L V8 out of a 2006 A8 BGK engine code, the motor had about 120k on it before it was pulled. I have just about all of the parts you might need. I am making a table out of the block and I don't want any excess weight, so I need to get rid of all excess parts. If you need certain parts feel free to let me know.
What is the reason for parting it out? Blown?
Old 07-22-2013, 09:49 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Well the bad new first, a guy took it to the Audi dealer here in town and had the timing chain tensioner for the cams replaced, and a few thousand miles later messed up the entire drivers side of the motor. But to what degree I don't know yet, I just got it last week, and have not had the time to finish disassembling it. I am going out on a limb here and going to say the passenger side is ok, but don't know for sure. The nice thing is that it looks like the timing belt was just changed not long before this happened so all of the pulleys and tensioners are maybe only a few thousand miles old. Hopefully that answer your question, if you need more info I will be glad to share.
Old 07-24-2013, 06:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by urs6audi95
Well the bad new first, a guy took it to the Audi dealer here in town and had the timing chain tensioner for the cams replaced, and a few thousand miles later messed up the entire drivers side of the motor. But to what degree I don't know yet, I just got it last week, and have not had the time to finish disassembling it. I am going out on a limb here and going to say the passenger side is ok, but don't know for sure. The nice thing is that it looks like the timing belt was just changed not long before this happened so all of the pulleys and tensioners are maybe only a few thousand miles old. Hopefully that answer your question, if you need more info I will be glad to share.
Ill research and see what interchangable parts you have as we have diff v8's.....I might pick up a few parts. I have an 05 a6 4.2
Old 07-25-2013, 01:41 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Did it come with accessories?
Or is it just a long motor?

I'm on the look out for a PS pump...
Old 07-29-2013, 06:34 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by twentysevenlitres
Did it come with accessories?
Or is it just a long motor?

I'm on the look out for a PS pump...
Well it doesn't have the PS pump, and things of that nature. But it does have the fuel rail, injectors, wire harness, throttle body, pulleys, and other internal parts. Most of the external parts were reused on the motor that they put back in the car.
Old 11-10-2013, 09:30 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Just in case you guys are wondering the motor is almost fully disassembled now in the clean up phase of getting the oil and grease out of the main part of the block. And what happened to it is what I expected the timing got off and ruined the valves and the piston heads of the Drivers side. But from what I can tell everything else survived. I will be putting more information about what parts I have on the ad side here as soon as I can, I figured give you guys first dibs on the parts off this motor. If you have any questions feel free to ask. And hopefully I will get pictures of the finished product here soon.
Old 01-21-2014, 01:23 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Just a little update on the motor, I have gotten all of parts off and I am in the process of selling any parts that I don't need. I plan on boiling the motor once I get some money to pay for it. Hopefully I can get some pictures up sometime soon.