Q3 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q3 SUV

Audi South Africa Poor After Service Q3

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2014, 09:23 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi South Africa Poor After Service Q3

On the 03 October 2013 I purchased an Audi Q3 from the Audi Arcadia dealership in South Africa, collected the new vehicle with no problem. However I am very disappointed to say that that was the only pleasurable experience since the purchase of the vehicle. The car has been in and out of Audi dealership due to problem with the wiring or electronics. I have made numerous complaints about the vehicle and have reached a point where I can no longer accept the vehicle back into my possession. I am 9 months pregnant and have constant anxiety about how the experience can place me and my unborn baby in danger should the car be returned back to me.

It is a fact that I rely heavily on my car for daily commuting and the main reason I invested on a brand new Audi thinking it is a premium and reliable brand. And apart from the inconvenience, this problem has also caused me to incur a lot of emotional and financial distress and at a very crucial stage in my life. There were times after filling a full tank of about R900.00; the car will stall/malfunction, meaning I couldn’t get the fuel back and the numerous phone calls to call centers, dealership etc. along with insurance premium changes to test Audi’s assumptions stated below.

Below are the listed incidents that I experienced during the first 3 months of the vehicle being in my possession.

16 November 2013 – Vehicle 1st Incident with the malfunction in Rosebank

- 18 November 2013 – Vehicle sent to Audi Fourways Service consultant Kathy Skinner
- Audi Fourways – Service Consultant feedback: “The vehicle seems to have a factory fault, liaised with factory for technical assistance.”
- At a later stage reported that they are unable to detect where the fault could be.
- They confirmed that they will be sending the vehicle to the original dealer (Arcadia) for them to sort it out.

Feedback from Audi Acardia:
- Audi Arcadia – Sales Consultant Morgan Makhubela: “The vehicle had minor wiring problems and they have been fixed. All the faults are clear.”
- I was thereafter guaranteed that the vehicle will not give me problems as I was travelling to Mafikeng.
- Vehicle was returned on 29th November 2013 to my possession.

30 November 2013 08:30 – Had the 2nd incident with the vehicle malfunction Carletonville N14 on route Mafikeng

- Audi Constantia (west rand) Service consultant Peter – “Their immediate assumption was the tracker, as they were unable to identify the problem, and they disabled the tracker prior to clearing faults.”
- Vehicle returned on 04 December 2013 to my possession.
- Netstar was contacted to re-connect the tracking device as Audi had disconnected it from the vehicle on the same day of collection.

01 January 2014 18:30 – Had the 3rd incident with the vehicle malfunction Fourways.

- Vehicle was collected and sent to Audi Arcadia.
- Audi Arcadia – Sales Consultant Morgan Makhubela - “They are unable to trace the origin of the faults and awaiting a previous report from Audi Constantia (08 Jan 2014)”
- To date there has not been any solid resolution regarding the problem with the vehicle.
- The car was kept at their dealership for numerous testing from the 1st Jan 2014 to the 25th Jan 2014 – please see attached e-mail and conditions stated.
- 17:00 on the 25th Jan 2014 the vehicle was brought back to me with the removal of the tracker device and the confirmation that no other faults should occur on the vehicle, since the tracker was the sole problem in interfering with the system of the car. In this case I took a risk in driving a car without a tracker, hence compromising my insurance condition.

31 anuary 2014 18:30 -- 4th incident with the vehicle malfunctioning without a tracking device in Auckland Park

- To date I have not received feedback on the problem with the car 10 February 2014

It is clear that Audi Arcadia has no clue what is the problem with the vehicle and I cannot be guaranteed the safe running of the vehicle therefore no longer prepared to deal with Audi in the future. For me the car is more of a defect and has lost its value due
to many repairs that had been done on it and is more of a liability to me, the reason I am compelled to seek a refund.

I would like to request your assistance in attaining a full refund of my purchase as I have given Audi enough opportunity to sort out this matter and to reach an amicable solution

Sources of the problem:

- Vehicle shows break malfunction
- Airbag lights flicker
- Emission lights
- Locks automatic gear
- Stalls

I have called Audi South Africa Customer Center during each breakdown and spoken to:

Alva and Bronwyn however I still feel that I was not sufficiently supported as a customer as the only responses I got was that they are speaking to the dealership.

The Audi Arcadia Dealer principal Phillip C has not once tried to contact me after I have numerously tried to contact him and copied him on all e-mails.

The sales manager Dumisani Mthombothi has such bad customer service that I wonder how he deals with customers on a daily basis.

To date I am being told that rats ate the wiring at the warehouse. This is A JOKE!!!!!

Last edited by lebomot; 02-17-2014 at 09:26 AM.