Q3 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q3 SUV

Anyone managed to set the default for auto start/stop to disabled ?

Old 10-18-2012, 08:25 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone managed to set the default for auto start/stop to disabled ?

I just took delivery of the Q3 and find the auto start/stop function quite anoying. I just returned from Europe and the 2 rentals cars also have this function but for manual, I just keep my foot on the clutch to keep the engine running for brief stops and it did not anoyed me too much. Back home, I have bought a s-tronic and this start/stop have stopped the engine for probably more than 10 times on a 7km drive home.

Someone can correct me if I am wrong but all this starts and stops could potentially be damaging for the starters, engine, etc.

I have disable the start/stop function but the default is on and it will be turned back on after the engine is restarted. Anyone have tried to change the default to off ?

Can anyone shed some light on me on how to set the default to off ?
Old 10-29-2012, 07:59 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got an Q3 recently and the start/stop engine is really annoying to me, too. This function will be stop the engine quite many times due to traffic condition in Hong Kong.

Hope someone can tell how to set the default setting to OFF.

Many thanks.
Old 10-31-2012, 01:30 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

welcome to the forum. I am from Hong Kong too and I know exactly what you mean. I contacted the dealer and they are not willing to change it for me. Even though the auto start/stop function, based on my understanding, is a complex system with loads of sensors, etc. and changing all those could be quite complex but I don't think it would be too difficult to just change the default to off and leave everything else as is.

I think for some Porsches as well as some other brands, they remember the setting and keep that setting when the ignition is turned on again. I don't believe that setting it to off will violate any regulations, at least not in Hong Kong, Maybe Audi owners have not been nagging the dealer enough here.
Old 06-16-2014, 09:26 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Disable start/stop system.

Hello,
I herewith post a link to a website from a German guy who claims that he managed to disable the start/stop system on different Audi models including the Q3.
I am not a 'electronic' skilled person but if you know somebody who is aware of electronis and programming and who is able to translate the text then I think this link might be useful.

Best regards from Belgium

Alfred

http://www.nicomania.de/auto/start-s...k-deaktivieren