S4 (B6 & B7 Platforms) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi S4 produced from 2003-2005 And B7 Audi S4 produced from 2005 -2008

Issues with Radio - B6 Symphony II

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2014, 08:48 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Issues with Radio - B6 Symphony II

Issues with the radio (Bose system with Symphony II headunit):

My primary concern is with the fact that I can power on the radio when there is no key in the ignition. Consequently, this also means the radio will not power off automatically when the key is removed from the ignition.

Before I realized this was happening I didn't turn off the radio before exiting my car and the battery drained leading to a dead car in the morning.

Also, the LCD display in the cluster (that displays your avg MPG, temp, etc.) used to display information regarding the radio station I was tuned to or would list CD 1 if I was using the CD portion of the radio. At some point the LCD stopped showing information pertaining to the radio and when this information does not display, the radio does not power off on its own. Randomly, one time that I can remember, this information started appearing on the LCD again and when I shut the car off the radio turned off as it should. But the next time I started my car the information was gone from the LCD again and the issues with the radio returned.

Finally, the radio will sometimes power off randomly when I am driving for an extended period of time. It turns right on once I hit the power button again.

Does anyone know what steps I can take to determine why the radio can be powered on at any time? Also, what would control the link between the radio and the information being displayed on the LCD in the cluster?