Q3 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q3 SUV

Q5 Spare Wheel

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 04:39 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Q5 Spare Wheel

Just had blow out on top of south mountain in the snow, charming. Handbook instructions don't show very well that tool kit is under removable plastic tray and then under carpet (not obvious). Also handbook does not give inflation pressure for spare inflatable tire, this can only be found in drivers door sticker (50psi). This pressure is much higher than standard wheel and if the inflatable is mistakenly inflated to (30psi) the normal pressure it does not fully inflate and can lead you to think the spare is not working or that it must look like this and someone might fit it that way. When fully inflated the spare tire should look like a normal (thin) tire, symmetrical across the rim. AUDI, you need a picture of the spare and the inflation pressures in the book, in the same section as changing a wheel ! All that said, it worked well, I replaced the Dunlop with a Goodyear. Which has an almost identical tread (nobody had Dunlops in Frederick MD). When I removed the inflatable spare, I washed it and overnight it deflated nicely back into its original deflated shape. Another update to the book should be a picture showing how to use the little dust cap/valve key combo to unscrew the valve for deflation and a reminder to relighting before putting it back in the car !!
Old 02-28-2013, 05:18 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i call them pizza wheel or cheese cutter lmao