S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

**Don Nguyen | Vinyl roof wrapping, tail light tinting, black out chrome trim install

Old 10-15-2014, 01:41 PM
Former Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

For this white Audi A4 B8 sedan, I vinyl wrapped the roof in my gloss black vinyl material. In addition to the roof, I also blacked out the chrome/brushed aluminum window trim, but with my matte black vinyl materials instead of the gloss black for those pieces. The gloss black roof really gave the car a sportier look without making it look too modified or aftermarket. It looks like as if it is something that could have came from the factory like this. The owner of the car drove out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County from Los Angeles to get the vinyl work done.

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 10-22-2014, 04:40 PM
Former Vendor

For this black Audi SQ5 SUV, I blacked out the chrome/brushed aluminum window trim, roof rail racks, side mirrors and the grey center sections in the front area of the grill. We went with the gloss black to have it blend in and match the already gloss black finish and color of the car. For the mirrors, I wrapped the gloss black material up until the line/indentation on the mirror caps themselves. The owner was local to me in Orange County, and we were able to figure something out where I came to his shop location and did the install there for him.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 10-30-2014, 09:55 AM
Former Vendor

In addition to vinyl wrapping, I have started offering plasti dipping services.

I did quite a bit of work on this Black Mercedes Benz E350 blutech. I blacked out the chrome/brushed aluminum window trim, lower chrome door pieces, and rear trunk chrome bar with my gloss black vinyl material, lightly smoked/tinted the tail lights, plasti dipped the wheels, rear badges, and front grill. Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture of the front grill after I was done. The owner of this car came from San Diego up to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the vinyl work and plastidip work done on his car.

Before:

Driver/left side tinted/smoked - Passenger/right side stock:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 11-07-2014, 07:24 AM
Former Vendor

I am not sure who asked me, but someone on this forum asked about how my tint/smoke film that I typically use on tail lights would look like if it was applied over a chrome finish, to give it a gunmetal chrome or hyper black type finish/look to it. What I did for this car is probably going to be close or similar to that as it is going to get for the moment, unless someone does come by to actually have me apply the film over their chrome pieces.

This is something different and new that I haven’t done before. I had blacked out the chrome trimming on this Lexus IS350 sedan in the past, but this time the owner of the car had me apply my tint/smoke film, which is what I normally use on the tail lights I’ve posted, to the front center emblem of the car to slightly tone it down. The pictures I took of it inside aren’t the best, since the lighting was pretty dark. However, you can still get an idea of how it looks like before/after the film was applied.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 12-10-2014, 09:39 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For locals that are looking to get vinyl installed on their cars, I can supply both the materials and do the complete installation at my location