A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011
Old 07-22-2016, 04:16 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Audi A6 (C5) Specifications & General Maintenance
Print Wikipost

2007 A6 3.2 common issue? - potential buyer

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2013, 07:38 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 201 Likes on 172 Posts

Sorry mate, but I thought this forum was about Audi's, not my English Lit 101 class Enjoy the holidays AUJ...and keep pilfering quotes from ye olde English text to share with us peons.

Also perhaps taking some of your own advice would be something that you can wrap that brain around...specifically '<b>Pledging to be be more open-minded as a New Year's Resolution will be better for the whole of those you interact with</b>'
Originally Posted by AUJ
Great. Pledging to be be more open-minded as a New Year's Resolution will be better for the whole of those you interact with.

Quote from Seafoam website giving professional recommendation to intake cleaning as an alternative to being raped at the stealership.

"Cleaning with Sea Foam Spray Top Engine Cleaner and Lube via the throttle body will do a quicker job of removing carbon and will also clean the intake manifold of any buildup, but does little for the fuel system."

Please do not let this little issue soil the season's tidings or the bro-mance you and Gary have cultivated. It's kind of cute. Be proud.
Old 12-23-2013, 10:15 PM
AUJ
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Excellent. Checked out the intake fogger spray from Seafoam. Seems much easier to use than pouring in the distillate through the brake booster vacuum hose while revving it up. Fogging it in through the throttle body appears to have advantages.

Name:  seafoamspray.png
Views: 4477
Size:  139.1 KB

Good to have a cost effective option for us owners to try before going to the dealership for help. As the C6 ages, owner resources are going to have to expand to keep these high maintenance vehicles running at their prime.

Last edited by AUJ; 12-23-2013 at 10:38 PM. Reason: accuracy
Old 12-24-2013, 01:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 882 Likes on 721 Posts

Who knew that Ted Kaczynski drove an Audi?
Old 12-24-2013, 07:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For a moment, I thought I was reading a S4 forum thread.

I've used SeaFoam in all of my cars for the past 10+ years with good results with reducing sludge in the engine, (visible under the valve cover) reducing visible carbon build-up on the tops of the pistons and improving the idle.

Works good on my 12 year old Honda mower too.

The A6 with the 3.2 has treated me well and kept my family safe in all kinds of weather at 64k plus miles so far.
Old 12-24-2013, 07:53 AM
AUJ
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by KevinGary
Who knew that Ted Kaczynski drove an Audi?
I guess the same people who think Heinrich Himmler and Josef Goebbels are people whose opinions should garner any respect. The C6 forum is sorely lacking ownership technical guidance on key issues that will only manifest in greater incidence as time rolls on. That is what will keep these cars functioning well past the obsolete date. Personally, I hope gifted DIYers buy into the C6 platform from the S4 platform. The knowledge base here to keep the platform strong at this age in its lifespan is abysmal; and the twin grand-dads of ignorance keeping things at their comfort level are a hindrance to debate and owner based solutions. What kind of genius feels violated about the mention of Seafoam and carbon buildup in the same thread? Knowledge is like water; it flows around obstacles and erodes them away. Why join threads, if you have nothing positive to add to benefit the community? This forum needs a positive direction forward, and a bully beat down. Logic and 1st hand experience will tear down that wall. Dealer support is supposed to be the last option in cars out of warranty, for the common good of the ownership community. If you're upset, get professional help. This place is about keeping OUR cars solid; not about preserving an outdated fraternity of intellectual speed bumps. Again; Merry Xmas.

Last edited by AUJ; 12-24-2013 at 08:49 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 12-24-2013, 08:19 AM
AUJ
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by D's Avant
For a moment, I thought I was reading a S4 forum thread.
More like a lost episode from The Muppet Show.

Name:  muppetshowfoggies.jpg
Views: 4428
Size:  37.3 KB
Old 12-24-2013, 12:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by KevinGary
In furtherance of the cause I will buy the second round.
And I volunteer to pay for lobotomy for AUJ.
Old 12-24-2013, 01:56 PM
AUJ
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by haloguy628
And I volunteer to pay for lobotomy for AUJ.

Why don't you practice up on your own surgery skills? That way you don't have to pay people to perform tasks for you. Practice on yourself first, and make the world a better place. Just stick a tweezers up your nose and remove the pea. Easy Peasy.
Old 12-24-2013, 02:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AUJ
Why don't you practice up on your own surgery skills? That way you don't have to pay people to perform tasks for you. Practice on yourself first, and make the world a better place. Just stick a tweezers up your nose and remove the pea. Easy Peasy.
The offer stands.
Old 12-24-2013, 02:56 PM
AUJ
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by haloguy628
The offer stands.
Yawn.

High Attitude Low Opinion value.

The yawn still stands.

Last edited by AUJ; 12-24-2013 at 07:50 PM. Reason: accuracy; drama level adjustment

Quick Reply: 2007 A6 3.2 common issue? - potential buyer